eBay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

eBay

Post by terrydec on Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Some of us have talked about this before. I have noticed that eBay has seasons. You can't sell anything in the dead of winter or in the summer. Here are two examples. I had an antique motor. I restored it and listed it in the summer, (June, July- I don't remember), I put it at a "Buy it Now' price of $50. Nothing. I re-listed the same motor at auction in September and got a whopping $325. Weird.

I make cables for vintage microphones. I sell 3 pin or 4 pin depending on availability. In December of last year I sold eight. One was an order for four. I haven't sold one since and I sell them $5 less than the only other listing. I have a terrific listing right now- a semi-pro microphone, (that sounds like an SM58), a brand new cord and connectors plus a stand for $129. You'd think someone would jump on that. Nothing, and I think the only watchers are me checking it. I also see a lot of stuff in my watch list re-listed.

Anybody else notice this? Or does somebody have stuff that is selling?
terrydec

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: eBay

Post by 75X11 on Thu May 22, 2014 10:27 am

It seems like during this time of year, more folks are trying to get rid of stuff, than buy. I have noticed that people seem to buy more in the way of radios, parts and such in the fall. The spring seems to bring the purchases of items of a more recreational or outdoor use variety. I wonder if alternating to Craigslist for some items might make any difference?
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Very Happy  I just won a cylinder record for my minimum bid..................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu May 22, 2014 2:51 pm

What is it's title? Also, did you change your password with the security breach?
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 6:09 pm

75X11 wrote:What is it's title?  Also, did you change your password with the security breach?

Good point look;

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/ebay-urges-password-changes-after-breach/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top