View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scala Oscilloscope Probes

Post by Dale H. Cook on Mon May 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Several years ago at an estate sale I purchased four Scala oscillosope probes:

B. Z. -1 Signal Tracing
B. Z. -2 Low Capacity 10:1 Voltage Divider
B. Z. -3 100:1 Voltage Divider
B. Z. -4 Voltage Doubler

They were all in the box that the B. Z. -1 came in, with the instruction sheets for that probe. They are in pretty good condition, with the decals mostly intact. No 'scope cable was included, but I can make those as I have plenty of matching connectors and vintage coax. One ground lead is missing, and the wire in two others is hard, but I can fix that with a spool of probe lead and a spare matching alligator clip from my parts drawers.

Does anyone have the instruction sheets for the other three probes? I would love to have high-resolution scans for those, and I can scan the B. Z. -1 sheets into a PDF if anyone would like a copy.
Dale H. Cook

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scala Oscilloscope Probes

Post by Dale H. Cook on Mon May 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Note that these probes are shown in Bruno Zucconi and Martin Clifford, "Probes" [Gernsback Library Book No. 54] (New York: Gernsback Library, Inc., 1955). Zucconi was the president of Scala.
Dale H. Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 pm

For those of us (like me) who may not be familiar with Scala oscilloscope probes, perhaps you would be good enough to provide more in-depth information. What makes these probes desirable? Thanks.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale H. Cook on Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 am

The Scala probes are only desirable if you collect vintage test equipment. As supplied they are not usable on a modern 'scope - they have spade lugs for use on '50s radio-TV service trade 'scopes that use binding posts for the vertical input. They are attractive, and an excellent example of aftermarket accessories for those 'scopes. For images of a couple of them Google "scala oscilloscope probe" and look at images - there are two in the first few rows of images. After I have a chance to do some work on mine I'll post images on my site and add a link here.
Dale H. Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top