Keep your heads down!

Go down

Keep your heads down!

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:28 am

You guys in the southeastern parts of the country, Bill, MEZ, 75, Willy everybody else, keep your heads down and stay safe! They are predicting some nasty weather down your way.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep your heads down!

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 am

I go to work at 4:30 and there had been a bit of rain, but there is a lot of wind. I think it has knocked about all the seeds, petals and other associated debris out of the greenery. It looks like all the pollen is blown away too. The news says there is the usual 35,000 users without power in the metro area.
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

It hasn't been extremely bad here. I think the worst is over. We are having a porch and small room, a hobby room added on to the house. Yesterday I think was the worst of it as it hailed fairly bad. I had 3 new windows outside and I ran in the hail to get them so I could put them under the new porch. Anymore weather reports seem like most of the news, they make it sound worse than it is for ratings. As far as the porch that is why I have been missing. We had it framed and dried in but I plan to do the wiring and inside finishing.  my wife wanted a new porch on the back and we had a small room added to part of it for a hobby room. She will having her sewing machines in there and I plan to have a work bench. So no more out in the cold or hot to work if I don't want to. I will still use my shop for most of my storage and to redo cabinets. But I figure most of the repairs I do will now be inside.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1388
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:46 am

I think there is still a mandate for intense attention to be paid to any of this weather after the winter fiascoes when the responsible agencies were caught with their pants down. Not that preparedness is bad.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:51 pm

I'm glad you guys are all okay. About all it did here was rain a couple times, some lightning and wind. Then it got cool. High today in Kansas City was 49. It is to warm up this weekend.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:19 pm

No bad weather here. In fact, at my house, not a drop of rain.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4428
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:19 pm

It looks like it was mighty windy at home. Twigs, leaves and all kinds of small debris blown up all over the place. I'll just blow it all on the lawn and mulch it all up. The birds and squirrels are having a wing ding in the back yard eating up on all the goodies left behind.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Rain, rain and more rain! I need to build an ark!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down