Is this price high?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this price high?

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:27 pm

I was wondering if this was a little high for a victrola? They are wanting 1200 for a cabinet Victrola. I could have bought a crank type tabletop for 150 bucks at the last Music city meet. What would be a decent price? I am not into these but I see them on occasion.
http://www.golsn.com/listings/collectibles-antiques/3651473.html

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this price high?

Post by Tony V on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:57 pm

I can pick ones like that up for $250 to $450 around here all day long.
Tony V

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Well, he does say he can negotiate on the price. Laughing 
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:00 pm

His asking price is ridiculous, and, the picture is very dark.
Not a good deal.....

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:01 pm

I thought this was too high. I saw one back around 1984 that someone was asking 800 then. They are nice and neat but I have no interest in them. Anymore my interests are the late 40s to early 50s tabletops,advertising items and RCA. If I found one that was a victor I might be interested but not at these prices.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:21 am

I prefer record players that you plug in and do not have to crank. My hearing is poor enough that accoustic record players do not sound good to me. I would not give $12.00 for that thing. I thought I had scored you an RCA sign the other day, Willy, but it was a repop. I keep an eyeball peeled for signs, since I know you like them.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:02 am

Thanks Wildcat. I have my eye on a couple of Nippers now. I know a fellow who has a reproduction Nipper that came out about 20 years ago. Its about 3 to 4 feet tall and I would love to have it. He also has a couple of the smaller 16 to 20 inch original ones. I asked a few times what he would take for them and he said he would get back to me. I have bought a lot of RCA stuff from him. I bought a few RCA signs and a few Nippers from him. I make my spending money on the hobby from repairs so I don't put too much into it. I did pick up a Victor 45 the other day. The thing weighs a ton. It needs a few items but the case is perfect except for the legs. They are gone. So I will see if I can track some down. Anyway thanks for looking out for me. I am still looking for that reclusive Concert Grand for you.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:35 am

The sign that I found appeared to be about two feet in length.  I was not put off by the fact that it was a repop, but, in my judgment, it was a POOR repop.  My problem with looking at signs is that I am not up on pricing.  I don't want to pass something up based on price, yet I do not want to get hosed, either.  I guess it is all relative, really.  I have paid a bit too much for one item, only to follow it up with a steal.  So it evens out in the end.  I have been looking for signs that say "RCA" on them.  Most of the stuff I have seen are either advertising color TV or tubes.  Several sets of eyes narrow the search considerably.  Thanks, Willy. There was a Concert Grand at a farm sale in Texas yesterday. Naturally, I was not there.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top