Oscilloscope Survey

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oscilloscope Survey

Post by Steve Johnson on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Tektronix 465/DM44 analog scope withe DMM and a Rigol DS1102E digital scope. I use the Tek for scope functions and use the Rigol digital scope more as a all-in-one DMM as it has a readout that gives me everything I need to know at a glance all at once like P-P voltage, AC and DC voltage, frequency, etc.
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeinkcmo on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:03 am

Thank you all for the nice comments.

The 2247 is a pretty nice scope.   The only thing I would like to have is a tek scope with screen capture, but so far I haven't seen one in the $150 range. Wink  

The rack mount kits don't show up all that often on E-bay but are usually dirt cheap when they do.   I think I paid about $20 for it.  In addition to getting the scope up off the bench the provisions for mounting BNC connectors is really handy.  

The "Rx Ant", and "Tx Load/Patch" cables go overhead to the antenna distribution amp, and station patch panel, on the radio bench behind me when I'm facing the scope.

mikeinkcmo

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:24 pm

I don't use an o-scope that often, but my go to if I need one is a Hitachi V-355 35mhz. Found it at a local hamfest for $45 about 10 years ago.
Had a manual with it and power cord, but of course no probes (no big deal)  I also have a couple tube Hewlett-Packard's

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:12 pm

That ought to be plenty for this kind of work. I started using my Rigol 50 MHz just lately for its built in frequency counter. Been fixing up and tuning some CB transceivers lately, as I mentioned before. Needed a break from just vintage radio...although I guess the CBs I've been messing with are sort of vintage...late '70s solid state. That frequency counter function has been priceless.
Ragwire

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top