Tip for Working on RP-190 Changers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tip for Working on RP-190 Changers

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:48 pm

This makes an inexpensive and great stand to work on an RP-190 changer to make all the necessary adjustments with the changer out of the case. Just replace the three mounting screws with three machine screws three inches in length that are available from your local hardware store. I took one of the original screws with me to Lowe's to get three screws with the same thread. I think I paid $1 for the three screws. They work great for servicing these changers.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tip for Working on RP-190 Changers

Post by tube radio on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Moses, That is a great ideal.

Lee

tube radio

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 am

I'm working on one right now that has been a real bear's butt to adjust out properly. I wonder why some of these changers are so easy to adjust, and others require continual tweaking for quite awhile to get it right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:49 am

Great tip. I have two 45-EY-4 machines. I bought one already restored. The other one is in queue (with about a million other things). I also have a 45-EY-2 that I want to get going sometime soon. I remember my cousin having one when we were kids.

So this tip will be appreciated...

Don Cavey

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:29 pm

I have two 45EY2 machines that I'm going to sell on eBay. I just sold my Crescent version of that player too. The EY2's don't compare in sound to the hi-fi 45EY4. I'm spoiled to listening to the high fidelity players. I never turn on anything else these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top