Coca Cola Phishing scam

Go down

Coca Cola Phishing scam Empty Coca Cola Phishing scam

Post by scottb on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:44 am

I got an Email saying I won lots of money from My Coke Rewards. I already knew it was a scam and forwarded it to the Coke company. Probably not legal to post there reply but I got a nice thank you note for pointing it out.
So if you get one of these E-mails it is a big scam and ignore.
Also I almost fell for it as I do the My coke rewards and there was nothing about my SSN.
I bet whoever did this will be in deep do do as they used the coke trademark and that is nothing to mess with!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Coca Cola Phishing scam Empty Re: Coca Cola Phishing scam

Post by Brian McAllister on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:54 pm

As Keenan Wynn said in "Dr. Strangelove, "You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company!"

Brian McAllister

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 am

Glad you didn't fall for it. Last week I got an e mail that I had won the jackpot, and, please send my bank information so they can dedposit the money. I hit DELETE.
Welcome, Brian. Good to see you here...........

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:52 pm

I got this weird call telling me that I am getting a free emergency call device. If I don't want the service simply send it back. First of all I have NO idea what they are talking about. If it is a monitor device then the real money is in the monitoring, just like burglar alarm systems.
BUT- the law says that if I receive anything in the mail that I didn't order or pay for it belongs to me. Maybe I can use it for parts.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:13 pm

I am getting junk mail from a company that sells warranty service on the water line from the street to my foundation.

http://corsicanadailysun.com/local/x712209671/-Water-line-insurance-raises-questions

$5.00 a month to insure a 25 ft. length of buried pipe. I don't think so.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Warranty service is big money these days. You can't make a purchase at a big box store without them trying to sell you an extended warranty on what you just purchased. The other day I went into staples to get my concealed handgun permit laminated. The lamination was only $1.59 and they asked if I wanted to get an extended warranty! I laughed, but they were serious!

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 am

When I did installations for audio and video companies they considered extended warranties 'free money'. If a salesman sold one he usually got 50%.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Whenever someone tries to sell me a warranty, I simply ask why I need one. Are they trying to sell me known defective merchandise? Shuts them up every time.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:47 pm

I'll usually get a one time extension on a big ticket item. In 2000 I bought a pc and a 2 year warranty. the setup cost around $1900. the 2 year cut in after thefactory 1 year and the hard drive crashed a few months before the 2 year expired. I brought it and the papers in and they simply said to go pick one out on the floor that is similarly priced. It was remarkable how much more computer I got for the same money after 3 years.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 am

75X11 wrote:I'll usually get a one time extension on a big ticket item. In 2000 I bought a pc and a 2 year warranty. the setup cost around $1900. the 2 year cut in after thefactory 1 year and the hard drive crashed a few months before the 2 year expired. I brought it and the papers in and they simply said to go pick one out on the floor that is similarly priced. It was remarkable how much more computer I got for the same money after 3 years.

That's a good thing.
However you were probably one out of a dozen people that actually used an extended warranty. Meanwhile thousands of these warranties are sold every day that people will never use. That's why we called it 'found' or 'free' money.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 am

P.S- most of us are technical people. I've always been able to fix anything that went wrong. Except the toaster. It was using some kind of hyper-drive to send the bread around a distant star and bring it back before I even put the bread in. And darn it, I didn't buy the extended warranty.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down