Tractor pull

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tractor pull

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:32 pm

I went to the annual tractor pull and putt-putt engine show held annually in Apache Junction, AZ. There was actually a radio there in the silent auction. It was a 1932 Silvertone console, working and "restored". The finish was nice, but not near right. All the toners had been washed off, but I am not a big fan of toner, so that was not objectionalble. It had 11 tubes, with P-P 45 output tubes. Nice working set. The starting bid was at $150, which I thought was plenty. They had not got a bid on it. There were some Maytag washing machine motors there, and they were running. There was probably 200 old putt-putt engines there, of all kinds and sizes, all running. I know MEZLAW likes Maytag motors, so I may send him some pics. It was a nice day, and it was hard to believe that there was that many tractors and old engines in AZ.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Tractor pull

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:59 pm

In this part of the country we have "lawn parties" in the month of June at most of the volunteer fire dept. There are a lot of old tractors and all types of old gas engines on display.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Did you get the pics I sent you? Check your email.  Cool 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:54 pm

I got the pic's and will post a photo of the maytag as soon as I get a chance

Thanks for the pic's!  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Enjoy, MR MEZ.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Speaking of old motors a few years ago we went to tractor supply here and they had a tractor show in the parking lot. They also had a few of the old small motors about the size on a lawnmower motor. One guy had this really neat old motor setup. He had restored a old maytag like gas motor from probably the teens or 20s. He had a frame with wheels that it was mounted on and a press like setup. With it running there was a chute he dropped cans into and as the motor was running it was attached to a piston like rod that spun similar to the rods on a old steam engine train. As it went back and forth it crushed a can at a time. A really neat little setup for events like this.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kbruce on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Old tractor / stationary engine shows are very popular where I live. Here are some photos and videos from a few years ago I took.

"potato, potato, potato" oh wait, that's a Harley engine Smile

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/y2kbruce/library/antique%20tractor%20show?sort=3&page=1
y2kbruce

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top