Where Do You Live?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where Do You Live?

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Yes, I am happy. I am blessed beyond what I am worthy. Grandpa always said if you have someone who loves you, a Buick, and $100 you didn't need to spend, you were the luckiest man in the world. I do, and I am.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 am

Odd most of the states are in the South. I always get a kick when the "elites" rank things. Total misery for me would be trapped in New York or California.  Shocked 
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:17 am

Depends on what you call happy. I could use a little rest, just too many things needed to be done. Happy with my life. Am I happy where I live? Nope. I live in one of the unhappy states,Tennessee. I would prefer to be in either AZ or New Mexico, I would prefer to be in Albuquerque or in that area. We went to Albuquerque when our daughter won a trip to the international science fair and I could have stayed. The weather was so much better than here in TN. No pollen there like here. I lived in Tuscon as a kid for a few years and I have always loved the south west since then. I would move there in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my wife. If I could find any job there as long as it paid my bills I would be happy.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 am

I'm happy. I'd like to see what states they consider to be happy. I'm sure that would be good for a few laughs.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 pm

North Dakota is alleged to be the happiest state. By whose standards? Surely, not mine. It is way over yonder too cold up there in the winter time. If ND was so happy, and such a good place to live, why does half the citizenry of ND come to AZ for the winter? Apparently too much "happiness" is not always good.  Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:58 pm

N7ZAL wrote:Odd most of the states are in the South. I always get a kick when the "elites" rank things. Total misery for me would be trapped in New York or California.  Shocked 

I hear what you're saying and agree. West Virginia is at the bottom and I love it!

I believe each person has to decide what's best for him. Can you imagine the world if we all wanted to live in the same place!!!  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:North Dakota is alleged to be the happiest state. By whose standards?  Surely, not mine.  It is way over yonder too cold up there in the winter time.  If ND was so happy, and such a good place to live, why does half the citizenry of ND come to AZ for the winter?  Apparently too much "happiness" is not always good.   Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Exactly, "by whose standards"

I'm grateful to all those people who love city life, it helps keep my rural setting just that, rural!  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Why the Happiness Fairies standards of course!!!!
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 pm

North Dakota is alleged to be the happiest state.

I lived there for a while and the people were some of the best I have ever come across. Great values. However, they must be a hardy bunch to tolerate those winters.
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:17 am

I was born and brought up just outside of Boston.

I enjoyed growing up there for the most part. A lot of history in the area for anyone interested in the American Revolution, which I was.

Moved up here to Nova Scotia when I was able to. Both my parents were from here, so my roots were stronger here than the Bay State. The winters here are easier to put up with since I've retired and don't have to drive in it unless absolutely necessary.  Smile 
ve1arn

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:40 am

N7ZAL wrote:
North Dakota is alleged to be the happiest state.

I lived there for a while and the people were some of the best I have ever come across. Great values. However, they must be a hardy bunch to tolerate those winters.

I spent some time in Stanley N. Dakota back in the mid 90's and yes, the people were great. But waking up to 2 inches of snow on labor day week-end was a bit much for me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:43 pm

We had snow in southern Missouri last year on May 3. We should have been hunting mushrooms and planting garden.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:07 am

I spent some time in Stanley N. Dakota back in the mid 90's and yes, the people were great.

Haven't been there but did spend time in Minot, Bismark, and places in between. Enjoyed some fishing at Devil's Lake.

Our son was in Minot and we would get phone calls about 40 below, winds, and snow. Guess if you are used to it, then it is tolerable. I spent time in Alaska when I was younger and tolerated -55, snow, and no light during the winter...no sun! Being younger I just adapted. I'm still trying to find out the best place to live and so far the Oregon coast seems nice.
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Upon retiring, we did a lot of travel searching for a place to move and get out of Southern California.  I like a little change of seasons but not brutal winters.  We chose Sedona AZ.  We may get snow that sticks to the ground 3 or 4 times a year, the lovely red rock view right off our deck.  Low humidity most of the year.  High temperatures may hit 100 a few times in the summer.  If you wish to have a little more snow and a little cooler in the summer, Prescott AZ is a very nice city.  A little more intense snow and cooler yet in the summer, Flagstaff is a nice "warm" choice for those from Minnesota.  More stick to the ground white stuff in winter but very comfortable summer temperatures.
The more Southern parts of the state are just too hot for me.
Jerry
Elevation:
Sedona  4000 ft.
Prescott 5200 ft.
Flagstaff 7000 ft.

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

I like a little change of seasons but not brutal winters.

Same here Jerry, I'd like winter too end along with the Christmas holidays.   I'm thinking about moving closer to the coast of Virginia where there is almost no winter weather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top