The snakebit preacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The snakebit preacher

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:06 pm

I heard on the news that some preacher in Kentucky got snakebit and has died. Apparently he got bitten previously and lost a finger. Even I would be smart enough to not mess with a poisonous snake when I had gotten lucky previously. That is probably as far as I should go here.  Shocked 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: The snakebit preacher

Post by 75X11 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Faith is a wonderful thing, but why do these folks leave the mind we were provided with out of the equation?
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Since we are pushing the envelope here, I have a story about "passing the snake" that I may share with you sometime.  I learned my lesson about testing the serpent.  I was in love with a little redhead from Kentucky when I was 14.  The Good Lord had blessed her with all the parts from the "A" bin, if you follow me.  She was cute from the top of her naturally-curly strawberry blonde head to the tips of her spotlessly-white PF Flyers.  I was head over heels with this little gal.  Her dad was a preacher.  He had a basket containing the snake that he kept on a little wicker table between the "sacred desk" and the table with the "emblems" on it.  I went to church with her and made the mistake one night during revival week of having the need to excuse myself.  Now I have probably gone too far.   Laughing 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Oh, the life ya coulda led!
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 am

I last saw her about 25 years ago. She was like three axe-handles wide, had five kids, and had married a preacher. She was still a redhead, though. I would have made a horrible preacher's son-in-law, trust me. Wonder did her hubby have his own snake, or did he borrow his FIL's snake?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:39 am

For those who are not offended by preachers or churches do a search on you tube for Wendy Bagwell rattlesnake. Bagwell was a traveling preacher whose stories were so funny he became a comedian who traveled to churches and told stories. In that story he talks about going into a church he didn't know handled snakes. He describes that they told him the biggest snake they had was 5 feet but he said the one that went by him looked to be 25 foot. Well worth the few minutes to listen to if you want to listen to a clean funny story.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:47 pm

I have the record. "There ain't a greedy bone in my body. I gave mine to Geraldine". The one about Wilbur Wingate is pretty good, too. Wendy Bagwell was the member of a gospel quartet.

Regards

WC.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by hismastersvoice on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 am

NUTS! Now I'm Baptist, but we eat...we don't pass around snakes! I guess I could be considered backslidden <- not a word -- at this point since I don't go to church anymore because I have issues with organized religion....but then we not saying too much.  Very Happy 

hismastersvoice

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2014-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:23 pm

I USED to be a Baptist, before I married a Catholic, and Baptists do not pass the snake. Pass the hat. Pass the bread and wine. But not the snake. Wrong religion. We are of kindred spirit on organized religion. I'm glad you are here with us!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am

This guy is a red hot candidate for a Darwin Award.

What is a Darwin Award, you ask? Google it for more details.....

He would not have lasted 5 minutes in Australia.....we have 9 of the 10 most venomous snakes in the world here. (and lots of car salesmen and lawyers too)

Ron.
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:14 am

How about sending you some snake-kissing preachers to go along with car salesmen and lawyers?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by hismastersvoice on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

Yup, Ron is right. He definitely deserves a Darwin award.
hismastersvoice

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2014-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:39 am

He would not have lasted 5 minutes in Australia.....we have 9 of the 10 most venomous snakes in the world here. (and lots of car salesmen and lawyers too)

I'll take my chances with the snake first!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top