My bucket list

Go down

My bucket list Empty My bucket list

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:22 pm

This is one of those warm-and-fuzzy, let's reveal our innermost secrets thread.  

My bucket list includes the following, and in this order:

1. Magnavox Concert Grand console stereo.  THE ultimate stereo of all time, THE HOLY GRAIL, if you are a Magnavox fan, as I am.  40-odd tubes, separate amps for each channel, tuner with eye tube, multiplex adapter, remote control, amp chassis for cartridge, sliding glass tops.  Over the top, custom, expensive, and exclusive when they were new.  Danish modern cabinet preferred.  1959-1961 models preferred, but I will consider most anything in decent shape.

2. RCA Victor S-1000 (or equivalent) TV combo with AM-FM, 45 rpm turntable and 33-78 turntable.  Early '60's New Vista Color tube set would be an acceptable alternative.  I gotta have one of these monsters.  We had an S-1000 when I was a kid.

3. Crosley 66 TA or TC.  I have the console version of this radio.  I don't care if it is bakelite or painted bakelite.  This is a 6-tube transformer table radio, and a dandy performer.  I just like the looks of it for some reason.

What is on your bucket list?  Come on, now.  You can tell me.  I won't "tell" to get you into trouble, I promise.   Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

My bucket list Empty Re: My bucket list

Post by willy3486 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:45 am

I don't know if I would call it my bucket list so to speak but here are a few items I would like to find.

A RCA nipper that was originally used in a store. A 24 inch tall one maybe. I have a few now but I would like to have one I can have the history of the store it was in.

A RCA branded thermometer. Any date,size or whatever. Even the old 70s ones with the long glass mercury ones would be nice.

A RCA clock. Any looks or style as long as it was RCA,

Anything by RCA, Can you guess what brand I am trying to only collect now for the most part.

As far as radios goes I want to eventually find a silvertone 7031a. Yes its not a RCA but I want to find one eventually . There is a reason for it as I have fond memories of that model. One of the first tube radios I got going for someone was that. My dad had a aunt who had one, they are both gone now. Any way I was in the 8th grade and I looked at it. To my surprise I got it going. I listened to that all day long, I still remember it as I was out of school for a snow day. Then when I got older and married she wanted me to fix it again. It was in bad shape then, The case was apart and rust on the metal. But I fully restored it. I want to find it and play one like it again. The other thing is a Technochron clock radio for parts. The first tube radio I ever got I still have. I want to find parts to restore it.

Anyway thats my list.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:18 am

I want to come by a wood cabineted console radio that looks tasteful, complex and substantial, that is no stoop/squat/squint tuneable, with a perfect as/is cabinet. And when I get it in working order, a master switch to cut off all the little RFI generators in the house while I stand on my hind legs and do laps on the dial scale.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 pm

So, in other words, 75, you also have a Concert Grand on YOUR bucket list.  Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Has anyone seen the victory edition of the 66 TA Crosley? I tried to by one but the seller wanted $800 for it, and that was 10 years ago!

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:20 pm

A concert grand, Zenith darth vader or a Philco. I would also need one of those BIG brick farm houses with the lob lolly pine trees next to the corn fields next to the highway between Marion, Greentown and Kokomo. The proper environment.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:33 pm

A 66TA Victory would, obviously, be at the top of the Crosley 66 list. I have only seen one in my life. The chances of my buying one for a price I would pay are slim. It seems that building a "tribute" Victory model would not be terribly tough. The dial would be the hard part.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down