For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow

Go down

For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow Empty For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 am

The ultimate man toy;

Back to top Go down

For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow Empty Re: For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow

Post by 75X11 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:31 am

Sweet!
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow Empty Re: For My Friends Who Have To Deal With Snow

Post by mafiamen2 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:02 pm

LOL now that's good clean entertainment  lol!
mafiamen2
mafiamen2

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Whoever was operating that thing was doing a good job.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 pm

That has to be a very light and dry snow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 pm

You could work that thing from your Lazy Boy if you wanted. That beats fighting the HeatHouser on the Fergie! Did you ever mess with a HeatHouser on the farm, MR MEZ?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:56 pm

I've never had or used one but there have been a few times I wish I had one!  No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:07 pm

For those unfamiliar with what a HeatHouser is.  These are canvas covers, made for your specific farm tractor, that is intended to hold in heat from the radiator and engine, and from the drive train and hydraulic system, and transfer this heat to the operator.  It also would protect the tractor somewhat from the cold.  In actual practice, on my Fergie at least, the fan sucks the HeatHouser into the exhaust manifold!  That can cause the HeatHouser to go up in flames.  The gas tank on the tractor is also under the hood, on top of the engine and exhaust manifold.  That can get interesting if there is no snow on the ground that you can use to put the fire out.  I find it is easier to dress more warmly, cover the radiator with cardboard so the engine warms up, and let nature take its course.

A HeatHouser would work well on dad's Olivers. The exhaust manifold was on the left side of the engine where the fan blew instead of sucked. The HeatHouser for Olivers had a metal plate sewn in where the manifold was, and that helped as well. Dad got a HeatHouser on fire with a mounted corn picker on his old Oliver 70. He put it out in a manner that we can't talk about on TRF!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:18 pm

He put it out in a manner that we can't talk about on TRF!

lol! I can only imagine!

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Never knew those had a name, nor a reputation!
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 am

HeatHouser is a brand name that has stuck for nomenclature like Jello and Freon. Dad bought genuine HeatHouser brand for his Olivers, due to the sewn-in asbestos and metal heat shield. The one for my Fergie is a brand X and does not have any heat protection in it. I have trouble keeping it away from the manifold. A HeatHouser was the next best thing to a cab on a tractor. Dad has picked corn many a day at 20 degrees temp in just his shirt sleeves. If you were working the tractor pretty hard, you had to open the exhaust side to keep it from getting too hot! They worked very well, but would scratch the paint on the hood.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down