Ebay Seller Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ebay Seller Issue

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:27 pm

I have purchased these Weller soldering gun copper tips and have not received them;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161218943510

I have opened a case since the seller has not responded to me nor did he post any package tracking information. The receive date for these has come and gone. I just wanted to share this in case anyone was considering the same purchase. I will let you know how it gets resolved.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebay Seller Issue

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:38 pm

I will keep a good thought, MR MEZ. A deal like this makes me more paranoid than I already am about ebay. Good luck.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:40 pm

This seller has a 100% positive feedback to boot!  I'm hoping there is a reasonable explanation for this.

Last edited by MEZLAW on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Communication is the key. If you just KNEW........

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:Communication is the key.  If you just KNEW........

Regards

WC

Exactly......if he answered and told me he wasn't feeling well, then I'd say OK....send it when you can. But........when you don't communicate I have to open a case with Ebay because I don't have a clue what's happening. I've always been fair and easy to deal with unless you try to hide from me!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

This seller has a 100% positive feedback to boot!

A while back I had a buyer not follow through on a purchase and I was blocked from leaving any feedback. Ebay does some funny things to keep the sellers/buyers feedback score high.
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

A while back I had a buyer not follow through on a purchase and I was blocked from leaving any feedback

Good to know, if that happens to me the whole world is going to hear about it!!!  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Larry,

There are 2 ways to look at it. You may have gotten "taken" or "the other".

I had the "other" happen to me several years ago, and if you guys don't mind me sharing, here it goes;

Once upon a time I bid on an original Western Electric advertisement (I'm a phone collector/restorer too) featuring a the Princess phone. I thought it was neat--one where the little girl in the ad was playing with the phone even before it was out the box completely with the telco installer getting a kick out of it as he had tools ready to install this latest and greatest offering from WE in her parent's home.

It wasn't much, but I won the bid and PROMPTLY (as I always do) sent payment. I can't remember if it was PayPal or still the old fashioned check-in-the-mail. It was that long ago! Anyhoo, payment was sent and I waited. And waited. And WAITED. I tried contacting the seller, nothing. To be honest, I was really ticked off. It wasn't about the money, it was the principle. I figured the seller thought I wouldn't miss this "simple" item or my "few bucks" and let it slide. I really didn't want to open a case with eBay and jump through all the hoops for a magazine ad. Made me question my fellow humans....once again.

My memory is fuzzy, but I want to say at least a month passed by. I had long given up and dismissed it to eBay chumps. Then, I get an e-mail from out of the blue one day. It was not from the seller, but apparently the seller's son. He went on to state that his mom (the seller) had unexpectedly passed away and he had gone through her records and found that I had sent money. He stated he would send a refund. I got a full refund. I was blown away by the chain of events. I still remember it to this day--a good lesson not to lose one's cool no matter how tempted to write something mean or take aggressive action(so glad I didn't or I would have felt like scum). Made me think there is still some hope on this planet.

Now, I understand each situation is unique, and yes, there are total scum bags out there and total brainless idiots (when it comes to packing and shipping, I have many horror stories), but the point of my little tale here is "you just never know".
Could always be the "other".

Thanks for "listening".
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Good post Doc, and I agree.  My opening the case with Ebay was pleasant on my part and only complained that I had not received the item or had any return communication. Within 2 hours of making the case the seller responded by blaming the USPS for the lack of shipment.  The problem I have with that is he never posted tracking information nor did he respond to me.  I would have never made this an issue here other than to warn others who may want the same item.

I remained polite because I had no way of knowing if something terrible had happened to him. It's always best to settle everything and anything with being polite anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm

A family with squawly kids bought the place across the street from us a few years back. These two boys were like 6 and 8 years old. They screamed at the top of their lungs, and the people who parented them did the same. They were "weekenders" from "The City" and we were glad they were not full-timers. They played the tv and radio at ear-splitting volume. The man and woman yelled at each other. And at those two kids. We have another neighbor, a lady busy-body, your basic arbiter of good taste and good judgment. Her way was the right way. You get the idea.

One day, this self-appointed babysitter of all mankind confronted the woman. She told her that she was sick and tired of those squawly kids, their constant yelling at them and each other, and told the lady that if the racket did not cease and desist post haste, that she would call CPS, and have those kids taken away.

The lady kind of hung her head. She quietly apologized for the inconvenience. She told old Miss Busybody that one of the two kids was autistic and the other was born with a severe hearing impairment. Her husband, in his late 60's, was a former aircraft pilot and was deaf as a stump himself. The autistic boy just naturally yelled and screamed in his normal activity. The man and woman yelled at each other due to his hearing impairment, and the hearing impairment of the younger boy. They played the TV and radio loudly for the same reasons.

Old Miss Busybody tucked her tail between her legs and crawled back under her rock. Like you said, you never know. You gotta tread easily sometimes. These people had retired. Their son and his wife were killed in a car accident, and left his parents their two special needs children. These people were doing the best they knew how. They are good neighbors.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 pm

He has now sent a message asking for a few more days. I responded with an "OK", so we'll see what happens this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Davis on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 pm

If the deal falls through I have a package of two Radio Shack tips:

Copper 2.62 inch (65.5mm) Soldering Gun Tips. The package says "Fits Weller D440, 8200 and Radio Shack #64-2190".

I never use that gun any more so I no longer need them.
Greg Davis

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:34 pm

I have another of "beetlejuice's" auctions for the same number of tips on watch. Your circumstance Mez, is good to know. I prefer these type tips to the Weller tips as they are copper and unplated. Let me know if things work out for you. I hope this is a glitch in his system as these appear to be the only source for this quantity of this type on ebay.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:48 pm

I'll keep everyone informed, I figured this might be something others would think of purchasing. He claims it's a glitch so I'll take him at his word. I still don't know why he didn't respond to me before Ebay was involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Update;

I've finally received the tips for the Weller 8200 soldering gun. They were taped to a piece of cardboard from a cracker box! It took for ever to get all the tape off the tips. I'm not sure of the quality of these tips but I plan to install one and try it out. I'll report back soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:33 pm

I always have a can of lighter fluid around the house for all adhesives. I had found this seller a short while ago that also carries tips. I've had to get other soldering supplies for work right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271384572067?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:36 am

I used to buy exhaust systems from a company in Florida. They did absolutely the most beautiful exhaust systems I have ever seen. All the turndowns on the exhaust pipes were perfect, not too long or short and bent factory correct. The downside to these beautiful systems is that they were wrapped with about 400' of clear shipping tape, wrapped in cardboard and wrapped again. It took me a full day to untangle the pipes from the cardboard and tape, then wash all the tape residue off the pipes. Any that remained would turn black with exhaust heat. Then it was IMPOSSIBLE to get off. I had to wash the systems in lacquer thinner and three aught steel wool. Some of that tape glue is tough stuff.

I'm glad you got your tips, MR MEZ. Hope they work out okay for you.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:53 am

Thank goodness you got them and don't have to hassle with it anymore.
The last item I bought on eBay, (an HP400D, VTVM which is kind of big and heavy), took more than a week to ship, but I had gotten a message early on that the shipping might be delayed due to the horrible winter storms in the east. Needless to say I gave positive feedback. It's all in the communication.
Ragwire

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top