Battlestar Galactica Radios

Go down

Battlestar Galactica Radios Empty Battlestar Galactica Radios

Post by Uffda on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:54 pm

The makers of the show must be radio collectors. The sets are full of recognizable radios from the 40s and 50s. They usually position something to block the name, but
there is no mistaking a Halli SX-24/25. I love the clunky telephones too. Some have complained about a futuristic show having outmoded tech, but they fail to realize the
central premise of the show: namely that the civilization has evolved apart from earth for so long that many believe the home planet to be a myth.

The only thing I dislike about the show is both of the main younger characters. Lee and Kara are the most immature people to ever hold high Navy rank.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica Radios Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica Radios

Post by ErikD on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 am

I'm still a fan of the original series from the 70's. I just couldn't get use to a female starbuck! What I liked about the original series was the instrumentation on the bridge. It looked like what a modern day(in the 70's) bridge would have looked like rather then a bunch of large blinking buttons like on the original star trek bridge. All that instrumentation was courtesy Techtronix BTW. Now I admit I haven't watched the new series so can't really comment on the radios or clunky telephones but I do find it hard to believe they would have such old technology amidst the clearly superior artificial intelligence technology they possess.

Last edited by ErikD on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

ErikD

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy S on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Was about to start a thread on this. Thought I was the only one who watched this show. Was anyone else on the edge of their seats after the episode before last when civil war broke out on the ship?

The final season sure has taken some wild twists in the plot. Hope they make this one go out in glory!

Jeremy S

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Uffda on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:56 pm

I just finished watching season 4 via Netflix. Don't give away the plots here please. Or at least lead with
"SPOILER ALERT." I watch all my tv shows a year late. I enjoy this show, but not nearly so much as "Firefly"
that the sadists canceled after only one season.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by radiowizard on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:46 am

The old one had some good stuff...liked the look of the Cylons...had a scanning "eye" like K.I.T.T. on Knightrider...
radiowizard
radiowizard

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down