Mixed Signals...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mixed Signals... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixed Signals...

Post by Ron Pond on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:14 am

MEZLAW wrote:Weren't Realistic branded vacuum tubes supposedly sold with a "lifetime" guarantee????? You could just bring them back and they were to replace them no questions asked??? Thought I heard that once upon a time.

I seem to remember it that way also!

I should have mentioned that RS eventually refunded my money. From memory, this took some time to happen because of the time it took for their guys to test the tubes when I returned them. Yes, there wasn't any "no questions asked" with regard to these tubes....they insisted on doing their own tests.

The point is that if they sold good tubes in the first place, my problem would not have existed.

Ron.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 am

The point is that if they sold good tubes in the first place, my problem would not have existed.

Exactly!  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:42 am

I got flamed pretty good on "that other forum" one time for telling about taking tubes back to RS for replacement. I did it just to be a jerk and I succeeded. The kids who worked there had no idea what they were. The manager called me and told me they were no longer honoring their lifetime warranty. "Those old bulbs aren't made anymore". Ya think? I got on the RS website and finally got a body to call me after I made a stink. It was principle by that time. I sent them three or four tubes, I forget the numbers. I got back RCA and Sylvania tubes, maybe from AES? They arrived in a RS package. With a notice that these tubes were not lifetime guaranteed. I have more saved up, but it is too much hassle to get them replaced. I really don't need them anyway.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:55 pm

I got flamed pretty good on "that other forum" one time for telling about taking tubes back to RS for replacement.

It doesn't take much to get flamed by that bunch, glad you posted about it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Davis on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm fortunate to have a Vetco store within a couple of miles of where I work, so I have no further use for "the Shack".
Greg Davis
Greg Davis

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Looks like a great site, thanks for posting it. Are you located in Washington State?

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Davis on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Yes, I am. I live in Sammamish and work in Bellevue.
Greg Davis
Greg Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:45 pm

I've been in Seattle and Walla Walla several times and a few other places I can't remember. Mt. Rainer is most impressive!

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Davis on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Yes, I was afflicted with "the Rainier Effect" for the first five years I lived here. Basically, you can't stop staring at it when the clouds part and it shows itself. Smile
Greg Davis
Greg Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2