Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone fans of Country Music?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:17 am

Good stuff, Willy!  cheers 

I may have to add them to my collection. That is what I like. Thanks.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:18 am

She's good, ain't she, MR MEZ? Hit that link that Willy posted!  Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:23 am

Amber Digby has three albums out that I have seen. She sounds like a cross between Connie Smith and Gretchen Wilson. She has a really good band, the best I have heard in awhile. With a real drummer, not someone driving roofing nails. I need to find the albums somewhere besides Amazon. They are pretty pricey.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:25 am

That is a good link Wille, thanks! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:26 am

Here's another of Amber;

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:29 am

That lady is good Mezlaw.

To give you an idea about Dailey and Vincent they mix in a little good clean family humor in their shows. To get an idea of them check this video out. I saw it after his wife posted a link to it. When I saw it I knew where it was. This road is less than a mile from by house on the road behind my house. They have a swinging bridge here because there is a house on the other side. And when it rains you can't drive over to the house. Anyway here is a funny short clip.

click here to see Bo the camel

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:34 am

Where are you getting those videos? My God, she's got braces! Did you notice the shirt on the steel player? Like they wore back in the day. I wonder if that is a family band. Like the steel player being her dad, the guitar player her uncle, the drummer her brother or boyfriend. How refreshing. A nice looking young lady singing hard-core country. Thank you so much for sharing.

Did you hit the link Willy posted?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:36 am

Did you hit the link Willy posted?

Yes I did.....Excellent!!!!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 am

Wildcat you need to pay a visit to Nashville. I see this stuff all the time,from the clothes, musicians and the like. You would love to come here for a vacation. I lived in Tuscon as a kid and remember it well, you would be in for a treat if you visited. The video Mezlaw posted was filmed at Loveless cafe. You never know who you might see there eating that is famous. If you or anyone do come spend at least a day on lower broad. That area has really been cleaned and fixed up in the last 10 years.

The original Ryman auditorium is there, that is the main original home of the opry. Then if you come rent a car and go out to Hendersonville. That is where a lot of the stars lived. If you go PM me and I can look up the road where Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and others lived. If you have ever listend to WSM you can see them in the studios at the Opryland Hotel. They have a studio in the hotel. The hotel is a treat in itself. The original WSM tower is about 10 minutes outside of Nashville and a treat to see. Anyway if you ever get a chance to come here, do so. You would love it.

There is so much here for country music fans to check out. Other places to check out is the Station inn, Priinters alley,Tootsies Orchid lounge. Tootsies is a place when the music stars would finish performing at the Opry when it was at the ryman they would go there and play for fun.

Here where I live it is nothing to see some of these folks. I have talked to Arron Tippin when the HS band played. He is a nice fellow. My wife has sung with him when they did a presentation around the courthouse square. John anderson Lives here as well. I eat at a resturaunt he had here locally. Billy Dean also lives here. Allan Jackson also lived here but sold his house. I wasn't impressed about him from what I heard. Sounded like the fame went to his head.

Anyway if anyone is into country come check Nashville out.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 am

In about 1961 or '62, I went to a show at the Ernest Tubb Record Shop. I bought a tape they made there that night. The last time I was in Nashville was in 1974. Opryland had just opened. We saw Jimmy Dean and David Allen Coe in concert. I would love to go to Nashville some time.

I thought about contacting the Ernest Tubb record shop to see if they had CD's by the artists we have been talking about tonight. Thanks, Willy.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 am

If anyone wants some public domain older country music check out the internet archive site. I go there to find old radio shows and it has lots of stuff. Its all free and downloadable.

Its at https://archive.org/details/audio

Here is a example of the grand old Opry recorded in 1944
https://archive.org/details/GrandOleOpryRoyAcuff61744

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Anyone fans of country music?

Post by Ed in W. PA on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:18 am

How about Patsy? As far as I am concerned she was the all time queen of country. Another favorite of mine was Conway, especially when doing duets with Loretta. Also high on my list of favorites, George, Tammy, Lefty, Merle, Hank Snow, and Johnny Cash. As I write this, I am listening to "Way Back Wednesday" on WSM a program I highly recommend and try not to miss. I have to agree that there is very little new stuff on these country stations that is any good.

Ed in W. PA

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2014-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:32 am

Indeed, familiar names to me........... Ah.. Memories......................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I just finished listening to one of the later "pre-Nashville sound" Eddy Arnold records made.  "That's How Much I Love You" from 1959.  On RCA Victor "Living Stereo".  Little Roy Wiggins on steel, a string band and a fiddle.  His voice didn't change much with the Nashville sound, but his musical accompaniment sure did.  Bergen White Strings, Floyd Cramer and the Anita Kerr Singers.  Good stuff, either way.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 pm

My favorite Eddie Arnold song; "what's he doin' in my world"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm