got the crud I hate having the crud.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

The Crud Empty Re: The Crud

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm

The crud is never good. I will keep a good thought for your speedy and complete recovery.  Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:17 am

I had the flu shot, pneumonia shot, shingles shot, whooping cough shot and everything else. I sure hope I don't get the flu or any other crud. With that said, hope you have a fast and early recovery...I know it isn't fun.  Sad 
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:44 am

Oh, Crud. Hope you get well soon.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:25 am

i think it was a 24 hour crud, doing much better today.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Glad to hear it, Sim..........

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Thats good your feeling better. I have had sinus and chest congestion since Christmas. It has almost turned into pnumonia a couple of times so I have to really watch it. I will be glad when spring is here. This cold weather is getting to me.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:08 pm

One thing that always helps me when I get congested is to increase the amount of cayenne pepper in my food. Jalepeno slices or sauce also helps. One other thing that is good is to put a couple of dashes of worcestershire sauce and 3 to 4 dashes of jalepeno sauce on a can of vegetable juice and add a can or bottle of beer. Just sip it. It is like sitting in the summer sunshine.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:31 pm

75X11 wrote:One thing that always helps me when I get congested is to increase the amount of cayenne pepper in my food.  Jalepeno slices or sauce also helps.  One other thing that is good is to put a couple of dashes of worcestershire sauce and 3 to 4 dashes of jalepeno sauce on a can of vegetable juice and add a can or bottle of beer.  Just sip it.  It is like sitting in the summer sunshine.

That helps a lot. I do that as well. My favorite thing to do like that is if we have Chili,soup or some other meal like that is to put some of our homemade Jalepeno slices in it. I will put a couple of spoonfills, as many as I can stand. I also sometimes if it is bad stop at a store to or from work and get a coke and one of the hot mama sausages they sell. I use to coke to cool it somewhat. Those things are like fire.

The problem I am having this winter is that it will go from the 50s down to the single digits in a day or so. I don't remember how many times this winter it has went from 50s one tay to a high of 10 to 15 the next. Then add in my shop it takes a while to get warn when I am out there and this crud I have won't go away. Bring on spring.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:16 pm

If I ate that much jalepeno and drank beer, my mouth would burn and I would be drunk, so I would not know I had the crud. I can see that working.  Laughing 

What happened to the old time-honored tradition of mom making a hot toddy. A glass of moonshine liquor, a dash of honey and hop in the rack.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:03 pm

You mean redneck ny-quil? Very Happy 
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Now, boyz....................

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:If I ate that much jalepeno and drank beer, my mouth would burn and I would be drunk, so I would not know I had the crud.  I can see that working.   Laughing 

What happened to the old time-honored tradition of mom making a hot toddy.  A glass of moonshine liquor, a dash of honey and hop in the rack.

Regards

WC

Speaking of beer. Years ago I got kidney stones really bad. I wound up in the er in so much pain they gave me so many shots to ease the pain they were afraid to give me more. The DR asked me how I felt about beer. I asked what he had in mind, I made sure my wife was close. He said sometimes this trick worked to pass them. He said get a 6 pack and start one as soon as the one I had then was gone. He said drink as many as I could and don't go to the bathroom until I couldn't hold my urine any more. I was not a drinking man so to speak, I never had a beer before. Never had the urge for any.

A few days later the pain hit me again. So I was willing to try anything so I went and got a 6 pack. I waited until my wife got home, I didn't know how it would affect me. I didn't want to wind up on cops as the crazy drunk.

So I tried the first one, the stuff tasted awful. I was thinking folks actually drink this junk
The second one,Well I got the first one down without it killing me
The third one, Wow I need to go pee, no wait I just finished the 3rd one I need to start the 4th one.
The 4th one this stuff is great, wee !!! no more pain, I need another one
the 5th one, I really need to go pee once I figure out how to get the floor to release me and go back to the ground where it belongs.
6th one, I got off the floor but the walls are vibrating. I also got into a fight with the bathroom door.
5th one finished and so am I. I didn't pass the kidney stone but it did move to the tube from my kidney and bladder. It got stuck there and I had laser surgery to blast it out. It was the size of a peach pit.

I still don't drink, The bathroom door gave me a beating I will never forget.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Very Happy
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Sorry to hear you're down, hope you get well soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Redneck Nyquil.   lol! lol! 

Good story, Willy.   lol! 

You yelling at us, Bill?

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content