Car Radio

Go down

Car Radio

Post by shoebox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 pm

I would like to buy a ford car radio not working for a 1949-1951 like a motorola 1mf or omf or zenith ozf or 9zf or bendix 1bf or obf to see if I could fix it, then I could use it in my 51. As I have arthritis in both of my legs that I can not do much any more. that would give me something to do . I have rebuilded amps in jukeboxs . So if you have any thing let me know . thanks Wayne

shoebox

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Car Radio

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:40 pm

You might want to try looking in Hemmings to see what you can find in there. I would contact Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix, AZ as well. They have an old school bus there filled to the brim with car radios. I have a '50 Ford radio, but it is not in very good shape, really only a parts set. Good luck.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5166
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Car Radio

Post by shoebox on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Wildcat445 Thank you very much for your reply. Iam new at this and its nice to hear from someone. What would you you take for your old parts set. Just trying to come up with some thing to mess with . Thanks very much Shoebox

shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:34 pm

You would be welcome to the thing for nothing. That is really all it is worth. It has two good IF transformers and the power transformer is good. The dial is not bad, but not cherry either. The pushbuttons are horrible (repops are available) there are no knobs, the case is fairly rusty. I have cut some of the caps out to restuff. It is really not worth fixing, but has usuable parts, so I don't want to toss it. You know that drill, I'm sure. If you can wait until April, I would send it to you for shipping. All the tubes are gone, but I can provide replacements. If you want tubes, I would want to sell those. And it needs a vibrator. To be fair, this radio worked before I robbed parts off it. My customer got a nicer one and we used this one for parts.

My sincere suggestion would be to find a better one, and use this one for parts if you need to.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5166
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by shoebox on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Wildcat445 Thank you very much .April will fine. Just let me. That is very nice of you. Geting the radio is nice , but to meet some one like you to just give some one some thing like that that you dont know makes you speical kind of person you dont see any more, many thanks shoebox

shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down