Tv Antenna

Go down

Tv Antenna Empty Tv Antenna

Post by tuberadiogeek on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:46 am

I'm seriously considering getting rid of my DVR box and switching back to an OTA antenna and have this one in mind: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390737010972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661 I dont think that is too bad of a price for an antenna like that.. Ive considered getting one of those cheap antennas with the built-in rotors but i just dont see those performing as well as antenna as this one. I think it will be good enough to pull in stations from surrounding cities and then some.. I would pair it with about 50 or 100' of RG6 depending on exactly how high i get. I would put it on a pre-existing pole/post that is in my yard. I just dont know what to use as a mast or what diameter and what type of clamps to use to strap it to the post, as it is rectangular and flat on two sides.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Tv Antenna Empty Re: Tv Antenna

Post by Motorola man on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:30 pm

It should be already have holes drilled through it for U-bolts (they're probably included with the antenna). Use rigid electrical conduit (the heavy galvanized type) as a mast, then use metal pipe clamps to attach the mast to whatever structure.
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Be sure to provide good lightning protection for your antenna line. Sometimes it gets put off this time of year, but you will feel a lot better having it in place when you need it. The antenna looks like a good choice.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum