I've been slammed

Go down

I've been slammed Empty I've been slammed

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 am

I've been slammed by my expensive homeowners insurance company, Cittizens.
I was just informed my policy is being transferred to a company with a higher rate of cost.  They say I can cancel that transfer, but, be forwarned that cittezens  retains the right to raise my rates fourty five percent, will opt. to keep sending me notices that I must transfer, and, retains the right to cancel my insurance, and, or, not renew my policy. I'm very upset about this. Things aren't looking at all good for me.....

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

I've been slammed Empty Re: I've been slammed

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:29 am

My wife and I have had State Farm for well over 40 years. So far, we have been lucky. Insurance is going to go wonky due to the health care mess. Insurance of all kinds. Monkey see, monkey do, I guess. I wish you the best.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 am

Is there an agent in your area to discuss this with face to face?

Perhaps there is a broker that makes house calls that can offer you something with another company that will fit your needs.
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Sounds like the increase will come with whoever you choose, but it looks like Citizens is looking to stop insuring by transfer or cancellation. Don't take a chance on cancellation, they look like they would do it at the drop of a hat. Wish I had a better option for you.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Cittizens is owned by Fl. Government, and, they hold the purse strings. Your company is the first one that slammed me... Good ole state farm. Like a bad neighbor, state farm ran off...........................
I have a broker, and, she evidently isn't doing her job....
She never called me to warn me this was happening.. She'll come up with some rickety excuse......
I have no choice. I'm letting them slam me....

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:17 pm

OH. This is the third time I've been slammed on home insurance.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Send a letter to the main Corporate Office and complain and let them know you are sending a copy of your complaint to the State Insurance Commissioner. Bet you get a fast response, and its possible they give your local broker a warning letter or worse.

The squeaking wheel you know.

PS. I had Sears (Your in Good Hands with Allstate)Laughing 
and they canceled me because I put in a claim a second time within three years. Storm damage both times. I complained to my local broker and He straightened it out. He said it was an act of God, and not my fault for damage. But after that I dropped them and went with State Farm. Not a complaint with them (State Farm ) in almost 20 years.

The Broker is either your friend or not in any case. I would suggest going to a small town where the broker depends on steady customers. Some Brokers in the big towns could care less because they have so many customers.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 am

I agree with Cliff about your broker. They can make or break a deal (no pun intended) on insurance. We had two trees fall on our house from the neighboring property. State Farm had a contractor of our choice come out and repair the damage to the house, then they installed a new metal roof on the whole house. We had to pay $1500 to have a metal roof put on the garage so that it would match the house. We could not have been more pleased.

You will probably waste your time writing to the insurance commissioner. Unless you allege and offer proof of fraud or wrong-doing, they will likely place such a letter in File 13. An insurance agent in a small town may or may not give better service than one in a larger community. I don't think it depends upon the customer base, but the personal integrity of the agent.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 am

corporations make more money by screwing the customer than serving them. corporate logic.
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:11 am

First, home insurance in Florida has become a joke. Almost all insurance companies, including State Farm, pulled out. The state insurer's office is in the pocket of state government, and, do what they demand.
Outside companies are prohibited from insuring Floridians, by the way............

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Here in Georgia the insurance comissioners' position is an elected one. If he thinks a person is watching to see your outcome with a complaint registered with them, that is two votes and something will be done about it. I know insurance companies have to have authorization to operate within a given state and insure it's residents, so that would keep unauthorized companies from doing business in your state.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Wonder how much of the insurance issues in FL are hurricane related? I know they took a beating with Andrew.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm

It's all hurricane related, in spite of the fact that the hurricane that caused it was in Miami several years back. All insurance companies backed out at that time.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 pm

really comes down to who tells them how to act being a gov't agency, some are out to discredit every gov't agency in their sick minds. All for the purpose of making big bucks by having stock in a corporation who will get no-bid contract to run it.
I recently had contacted the Smithsonian Institute with a problem (I didn't know how to access their website properly)  I got a reply 1 working day, with all the info I asked about, even more links to more good sites (I sent hours going thru) I was blown away by the helpfulness and promptness of the civil servant doing their job and doing it well!
Could you imagine if a corp own it?  Customer service? hello I'm Slamalama ding dong but you can call me Bob, how may I help you, please give me your credit card and we will charge you 9.99 per minute. (think Indian accent)
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down