Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity

Go down

Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity Empty Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity

Post by Dr. Radio on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Just curious what you guys prefer to do when the weather has turned cold in the fall and winter months? (Radio related of course).

Do you hurry to get that cabinet project done before its too lousy outside to do any spraying/sanding/staining/painting so then you can focus on the chassis indoors at your leisure?

Pull up to the 'ole repair bench with your cup of java and look at what has been put off?

Fire up the ham gear and see who is out there?

Enjoy the fruits of your labors by sitting back in that favorite easy chair with that cup of hot cocoa listening to your favorite console as the snow piles up?

Maybe make a mad rush to "thin the heard" and sell before the holidays on eBay or other venues?

Perhaps listen to your favorite music and recording collections?

None of the above?

I try to do some of each, except for the Ham radio part, I never really got into that scene and never got a license/equipment.

Sure is nice to listen to 40s on 4 Sirius/XM channel being broadcast to my 1941 RCA Victor on crappy weather days.

Just curious.
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity Empty Re: Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity

Post by simplex1040 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Last night was my traditional "war of the worlds " broadcast on my transmitter. This starts my winter season of sitting back relaxing and listening to consoles etc. Then inside bench comes to life. ( I set up on the screened in porch in the spring and summer.)
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity Empty Re: Favorite time-spending "cold weather" radio activity

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Since KOY has gone to "gab and blab" this year, I can't run my radios on Christmas day, as is tradition. So I will have to play CD's and use my SSTrans to broadcast to my radios, all 8 of them. KOY used to play Christmas music all day Christmas Day. I guess that is progress? Any radios I score out here will get "triage" and the serious cases will be taken back home for major surgery. I plan to spend more time with my Buick this winter than with radios.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm halfway through the work on the cold season's first radio.  When the weather gets cold, I also like to sit with a good tube reciever and do a little DX'ing (With all the little noise factors shut off, of course.  I am still looking for a console that isn't wired like an ENIAC to restore soon.  I also like to listen to my Jean Shepherd recordings when there is nothing on TV.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Dr. Radio wrote:Pull up to the 'ole repair bench with your cup of java and look at what has been put off?
That. pirat 
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down