I guess the alternative would not be good

Go down

I guess the alternative would not be good Empty I guess the alternative would not be good

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Awhile back, a friend of mine, a retired cop, got a speeding ticket, his first one in over 40 years. I was bragging how, in nearly 50 years of driving, I had never gotten a speeding ticket while driving a car (I got more than my share driving a truck) never had had a flat tire that had to be changed on the road, never had run out of gas, and had never locked my keys in the car. Until recently. My wife warned me about laying the keys on the seat. My Pontiac will not allow me to lock the doors with the key in the ignition. I was getting into the car, my phone rang, so I laid the keys on the seat with my package and answered the phone. It was the wife, so I went back into the store to get what she wanted. As soon as I shut the car door, I realized that I had messed up. She had to drive 40 miles to bring me the spare set of keys, undoubtedly laughing all the way. Getting old and stupid really sucks, but I guess the alternative would not be good.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

I guess the alternative would not be good Empty Re: I guess the alternative would not be good

Post by 75X11 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 pm

I locked my keys in my car a week ago. Getting old also gives you the out of having a cell phone and a AAA card. Very Happy 
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

I guess the alternative would not be good Empty Re: I guess the alternative would not be good

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks, 75, that makes me feel better. I seldom answer my cell phone, but the frau has been under the weather and I told her to call me if she needed anything. So much for being "Mr. Nice Guy."

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mafiamen2 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:20 am

I have spare car key in magnet hide a key box under car been their for years now comes in handy also have spare house key under seat handy also Embarassed 
mafiamen2
mafiamen2

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 pm

I have long forgotten where I have my spare keys! Embarassed 

Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:52 pm

I got locked out one time too.  $65 for the guy to come and unlock it on Sunday. I also have a friend who's magnetic key holder fell off.  Now I always carry a spare set of keys in my pocket.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Try doing that, calling the wife to come with the spare keys and it's April 1st! Not fun at all!!!!Evil or Very Mad

Now, I keep the car remote on a different chain than the car keys. I figure there's no point of having the remote if it's locked in the car with the keys. Razz
ve1arn
ve1arn

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:16 pm

This discussion got me to thinking and I got a piece of scrap lexan and cut it to the traced shape of a credit card.  I then traced a relatively close outline of the 2 car door keys and cut them out using a Dremel tool and rotary mill bit.  Secured the keys in place with mylar tape and now I have the american distress card.

I guess the alternative would not be good 90tg

My mustang will probably raise cane using a key to open it instead of the remote, but I can set that straight in a moment.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Nifty !!!
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:53 am

FYI- This isn't really germane to this discussion but I thought I'd throw it in- Ramsey sells a little kit that looks exactly the flashing of an armed auto alarm.  Maybe put a capacitor inline so it waits until you point your finger at it so it looks like you've 'magically' armed your alarm.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum