Changing email...again

Go down

Changing email...again Empty Changing email...again

Post by terrydec on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Did you ever have to change the email addresses on all of your accounts?  I recently had to do that and I think even Bill could attest to the fact that it was the opposite of fun.  It took a month just to access Myspace.
Believe me- having you wallet stolen is better.

My local provider has been bought by Time Warner, one of the three or four corporations trying to take over all media sources from radio and TV stations to the internet-and beyond...
Corporate wars are just around the corner.  

So I have until November to change my email from *****@insightbb.com, to *****RR.com.
Imagine what fun I'll have listening to music from different parts of India while on hold.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Changing email...again Empty Re: Changing email...again

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Bummer Terry and changing a domain is even more of a pain. I have my own domains and the email addresses hang off those, so I shouldn't ever have to change. The downside is you have to pay for the domain.

Put all your sharp tools away, put on some good movies, enjoy the adventure. Mad Shocked 
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm

You're right, it would make a nice comment in my book.Shocked

I'm thinking "V" tonight.  Lots of subsonics for my surround sound.

In my old apartment I had it all-30g internet, unlimited phone and DVR for $125 a month.
Now I only watch TV 'over the air', have 10g internet and free phone with 250 free minutes.  I only pay for the internet, and I'm working on that. Maybe one of my neighbors doesn't have a password.  Hummm.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 pm

I can attest to this. I have given up for now trying to put e mail in my new computer. I deleted some compteting programs on my old computer, and, it's actually gotten better. It crashed last night on it's own, but, It actually finnished booting the first time. That's rare...Changing e mail would mean a nightmare changing my address with over two hundred sources...
As long as old one is running, fine. I've had health issues, a rodent I just got out of my garage yesterday, a broken door on garage to replace, Eating problems, and, worries at my church, so, right now, the new computer, though nice, appreciated, and, a very nice one, must temporatily take a back seat. More important things demand my time....

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4454
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:34 pm

I think you're doing great.
Hang in there.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Thank you................. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Bill, a possum is actually a marsupial, not a rodent. It might come back to set things straight if you call him a rodent. Very Happy 
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 pm

I thought possums rolled over and played dead when threatened.  Just keep threatening it.

P.S. A rat by any other name...(that should cover all the bases).
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I thought possums rolled over and played dead when threatened.  Just keep threatening it.
Years ago we had opossums ( I guess Irish) and they would go into the chicken coop and eat the eggs. I would go out at night and they would just look up at me. Made them an easy target. Rolling Eyes

Some of our southern friends might even have a recipe?
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 am

I have one for road kill- It can't be fresh though, gotta mellow a little in the sun-
Its called Burgoo

I like what Granny said on Beverly Hillbillys- "Them possums is good eats"
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:24 am

I call this side stepping-its when a thread goes in an unexpected direction.  I love it when that happens.
Anyway-
I'm going to suggest something that will ALWAYS make you feel better.  Go on YouTube and search for Susan Boyle's first audition. Watching the magic that happens during her performance is about as uplifting as it gets.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:44 am

Try this YouTube. This is a possum rolling over and playing dead.
I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71uzQzB-KOs
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:52 am

There is no recipe for possum.  Rolling Eyes 

A possum is a bottom feeder.  He eats dead things.  If you are going to eat a possum, he needs to be a young one.  Less than six months old.  Road kill possum is not for the faint of heart!  You gotta know what got him and how long since he got got!  It is considered bad sport to chase a possum out of the tree with your coon dog.  You gotta get him yourself.  You can shine a flashlight in his eyes, then plug him.  Use a pistol or rifle, a shotgun puts too much shot in the possum, and then you gotta pick it out, or risk busting a tooth.  Not good.

There's lots of way to cook a possum.  Grandma always skinned him, took out the insides, then would soak the possum in salt water overnight.  Who knows why.  Make sure the possum is deceased for this operation, as trying to hold a live possum down while he soaks is a PITA.  Then she would split the possum in half, lengthways, and put him in her blue porcelain roaster.  She baked him for awhile until he was done.  She would baste him occasionally in a mixture she made up as she went along.  It was comprised of whatever she had on hand.  Usually involved white liquor, however.  Side dishes for a successful possum supper were fried turnips, mustard greens, gooseberry pie with homemade chocolate ice cream.  Fresh brewed sun tea and white liquor for drinks in the summertime, substituted by coffee or sassafras tea in the wintertime.  You had to be careful squeezing off a batch of white liquor in the winter, because the leaves were off the trees, and the smoke from the still fire would be too easily seen.  I never ate possum myself, but dad liked it.  Fortunately, I never got that hungry.  Very Happy 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:50 am

All I know is that sucker was trying very hard to get into my house. He growls, has an attitude, and, was just plain mean....
No thanks on possums, says I.
At least a couple of days ago, when we openned up the new door to the garage about four inches  the little sucer left. I closed the door at 2:30 a m. It's been quiet since, and, the stench is slowly fading away.
Whew!!
Nope. No possum eating here...................

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I grew up on a farm, or at least spent my summers there.  It had a smoke house, an outhouse, a barn, my Grandfather's work shed and a well.  I still have a cedar chest that he made, and until recently a 'corn doll' that was a Christmas present.
It was a truck farm and included a trip 'inta town' every Saturday. It also meant backbreaking work.  My grandma carried a can of salt out to the field.  It was for lunch, a ripe tomato.  Desert was blackberry's. We got to the fields on a sled and there were two horses, Pat and Mike
I remember the days before they had electricity.  And when they got electricity they bought a TV.  They only watched wrassin'
My grandparents were extremely poor and extremely strict.  A razor strop was always handy.
For years I hated them; but I eventually realized that they were basically good, and the lessons they instilled in me made me a better person. But to this day I hate wrestling.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by b_body_bill on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Road Kill, it's not just for breakfast anymore.
b_body_bill
b_body_bill

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:22 pm

"Too late to make dessert?"- run down the road for something fresh.
(Snake tartar is especially tasty)

This "email" thread is getting really gross, but fun.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Eating a possum here would be like throwing away the candy bar and eating the wrapper. There are better things to have for supper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_dK0W0qfRo
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm

75X11 wrote:Eating a possum here would be like throwing away the candy bar and eating the wrapper.  There are better things to have for supper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_dK0W0qfRo
Did he borrow that band from Ricky Ricardo?

I'm amazed that the Shure 556 at the left of the stage picked up the sound.

FYI-The greatest admirer of the south I ever heard was "Brother Dave Gardner" (no he wasn't a preacher).  I have all of his records and actually saw him in person once.
Sort of like Sam Kinison, (who was a preacher).
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:02 pm

I was lucky to have two sets of wonderful grandparents. Really swell people who taught me a lot, collectively and individually. Both sets of grandparents were hillbillies, one more than the other. My maternal grandfather had a "city job" so he had to behave himself. They both had a razor strap, and threatened to "warp" me daily, but neither ever laid a hand on me. My dad's parents never had a phone, indoor plumbing, a car, or a tv set. They had an old Zenith radio, which I have now. They farmed with horses. They could not afford a tractor.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down