Well, some good news for once........

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well, some good news for once........ Empty Well, some good news for once........

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:46 am

Well, I finally have more good news on things since my long recovery from celulitis... Here goes...
I have been cleanning, slowly, but, surely, my living room. Throwing out trash, putting away things, some moving, etc... Stripped tubes out of one radio chassis, and, a tv I'm going to junk.
Radio was in a home made pine box, and, case on tv was badly dammaged by a house fire.. I actually had tv playing, but, cabinet is too far gone. It was a 17" rect. Spartan tv.  Cosmetically, it's just too far gone.
I could paint it, but, it would never look right.
Besides, I need the room....
Been putting good records on display in proper ways, and, I can enjoy them easier that way..
All in all, the place is doing better..

My stomach is feeling better, also. Still have some trouble with it, but, it is better..
Well, that's my news for now....
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4454
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Well, some good news for once........ Empty Re: Well, some good news for once........

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:44 am

That is good news, Bill. If you get REALLY good at cleaning and organizing, you can start on my garage whenever you would like!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Well, some good news for once........ Empty Re: Well, some good news for once........

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 am

Started this on my basement last night, have been purging things I do not need over the past few weeks.
Had a friend dump a ton of old audio equipment that was useless to me a couple of months back. I was going to trash it till I saw what it was selling for on ebay. Sold it made enough to buy a new dishwasher. more stuff to go.,,,
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 am

That is good news. The only junk given to me IS junk.
Oh, well.................

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:54 am

I've been cleaning and shifting too. I've been wanting to get a workbench to rassle the heavy stuff on. The stuff I "junk" are things I donate to the thrift stores to get a tax writeoff. I also get to look for suitable Items of clutter while I am there. I wonder if this is very early or very late spring cleaning?
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am

"fall blow out"
simplex1040
simplex1040

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Great!  Did the same thing with my back room.  It's like one of those 'catch all' drawers where you put everything you don't want to deal with.
Also today-wash the dog.  He really stinks, (Phew).  And of course the bed clothes, (Yuck).
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 am

Very Happy  This Must be addicting I am feeling the same way I am glad I have friends like you Bill and you Simplex:) . I been doing this a little bit at a time maybe by doing so getting rid of a lot of junk my depression will go away
antiqueradiobuff
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 am

Good for ya Bill! Things are looking up!
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks, all.. Now, a new problem. My garage door finnished breaking, and, thanks to my being able to raise the ceiling of debt on my credit card, I bought a new garage door, but, unfortunately, not before rats got in. Now, I'm fighting those with my bug man...

But, door is in, and, it has improved the looks of my place alot, as well.
I got the credit card two years ago at the suggestion of my banker, and, have been keeping an excellent payment record on it. I used the card ONLY for needed things. Not my hobby...
It's working... I was able to replace the other air conditioner when it blew up more than a year ago..And, I mean blew up.
Both motors shorted with a BANG! Living room was filled with smoke. Furtunately for me it tripped the circuit braker..
Nearly burned down the house...
Now, I was able to replace my expensive garage door...
Only important things...
In all of this, my dog, friends, family, and, God have stayed with me.
I am so thankful for this....

Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Good news.  Now you don't have to secretly park in the neighbor's back yard.
I don't have a credit card.
I've been a bad boy.
Probably just as well.  If I had one I'd probably abuse it, which is why I don't have one.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Still not having any good luck catching rats in garage, and, house smells like rat pee. My bug man doesn't believe I have them. He started a yelling match with me today, an, poor Diamond took off for the hills. I was yelling for her, and, he ran for her. Broght her back five min. later on his pants belt, then, started arguing with me again.

Think I'd better find someone else..
We're trying to calm down now, watching Them!  on DVD.
I'll probably watch two movies, again, tonight.
By the way, today, my "imagination" hissed, and, growled at me when I openned the front garage door. And, if it is my imagination, it's also Diamonds, as she notices it first.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Let me loan you Sweet Pea, my wife's ferocious 6 pound female cat. There is nary a mouse, rat, skunk, chipmunk, squirrel, snake or any other living critter within 500 feet of our house. She even picks on our inside cat. She runs them down and kicks their butt. And usually drags the dead carcus up on the deck to show us what she has done. She is a 100% guarantee of no unwanted critters.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Still not having any good luck catching rats in garage, and, house smells like rat pee. My bug man doesn't believe I have them.
Years ago my brother had rats and the exterminator used "bait blocks" to get rid of them. FYI
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:Still not having any good luck catching rats in garage, and, house smells like rat pee. My bug man doesn't believe I have them. He started a yelling match with me today, an, poor Diamond took off for the hills. I was yelling for her, and, he ran for her. Broght her back five min. later on his pants belt, then, started arguing with me again.

Think I'd better find someone else..
We're trying to calm down now, watching Them!  on DVD.
I'll probably watch two movies, again, tonight.
By the way, today, my "imagination" hissed, and, growled at me when I openned the front garage door. And, if it is my imagination, it's also Diamonds, as she notices it first.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Well, I hope "they" keep the rats at bay tonight!Very Happy 
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Who?? No one's coming tonight.
We're watching tv.
They just destroyed the giant spiders.
Wish I had fiend without a face..........
Or, The twonky.........

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Had a mouse in the Kitchen this past week. We kept finding pieces of glass from broken dishes that had fallen in the crack between the tile floor and the cabinets. Then more debris started showing up. I said we have a mouse. It was cleaning the crevice out so it could walk there, It threw lost change out and twist ties and other lost objects. I caught it in about 5 mins after setting a bacon trap. SNAP. Left the other traps in place but no more signs of mice. I think she came in, in a radio.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 pm

I have a bunch of those mouse boxes and they work because they are all sticky inside, very sticky.

Frankly I don't understand how they do work.  Mice must be some of the dumbest animals on the planet.  To a mouse these things are Huge boxes and how can they crawl all the way in? Duh!

Personally I like mice, rats not so much.  The remind me of small possums, which are really nasty.

I had to take out a box the other night.  Inside was this tiny little mouse looking up at me with these bright eyes going, "You're not gonna kill me are ya?"
A: Yes
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:Who?? No one's coming tonight.
We're watching tv.
Or, The twonky.........
Giant spiders I can handle, they're large.  My problem is jumping spiders.  They're small, and they jump.  And it's getting time for them to start moving inside.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:18 am

Bill Cahill wrote:Who?? No one's coming tonight.
We're watching tv.
Or, The twonky.........
You said you were watching "Them", I thought the rats might get a clue from what they did to the ants. I'll have to remember to record The Twonky the next time they show it on TCM.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Bertini on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:37 am

N7ZAL wrote:
Still not having any good luck catching rats in garage, and, house smells like rat pee. My bug man doesn't believe I have them.
Years ago my brother had rats and the exterminator used "bait blocks" to get rid of them. FYI
I'd be very leery of using any bait blocks or poisons to get rid of rodents if you are a dog owner. God forbid the dog gets into the poison, or a dead varmint who was done in by one.

Pete

Peter Bertini

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 am

Well, with my bug man, and, me arguing, Diamond got angry, and, ran away, and, down the block... I was extremely upset, and, was calling very loudly for her.... He ran down the street after her.. I think the rat had had it, and, left through the open garage door..
He came back with the dog in tow five min. later by his pants belt..
She came in, and, knew she was in trouble for running away....

He came in, handed me my keys, told me not to bother him about the rats again, and, left. It really hurt that he had no faith in either me, or, my dog...
Diamond has apologized to me for what happenned, and, I forgave her, but, at the same time, still feel hurt that she ran away after all of these years of showing my love for her...Yes, I know.. She was a very abused dog. My nerves are shattered, and, again, a "normal" person thinks of me as being just a stupid, silly, foolish blind man..
Rats do hiss, and, growl...

Tonight, we are holding our breath. It has so far been silent in here, and, garage... Unfortunately, my stomach is back to crawling due to the arguing...
I have some settling down to do, and, am trying.
Thank God for quiet...
....Those movies were good....
I'm watching Wagon Train on ME tv...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 am

ME TV is the best thing to happen to tv since color and stereo. We get it in Phoenix, but not here. I like watching Perry Mason and Wagon Train. It is too bad that society has "advanced" so much that those types of shows just simply could not be made today. Never mind that most were shot in black and white. We have like over two hundred satellite channels, and most are unfit to watch. Even TV Land and the History Channel are corrupted with those stupid reality shows. METV is a breath of fresh air and you are fortunate to have it to enjoy.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:59 am

I'd be very leery of using any bait blocks or poisons to get rid of rodents if you are a dog owner. God forbid the dog gets into the poison, or a dead varmint who was done in by one.
I agree. Personally I wouldn't use any poison, since I am leery of it for many reasons, including a dead rodent behind a wall and the smell. I was just passing along some information about a "professional" exterminator and the bait blocks did work. Shocked 
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next