Television Antenna's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Television Antenna's

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:28 pm

I need to install a new TV antenna at my farmhouse, does anyone know much about this unit;

http://antennadeals.com/HD2605.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Television Antenna's

Post by 75X11 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:56 pm

I have little experience with the current generation of antennae, but here is another source of reviews on the unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Lava-HD-2605-Antenna-Remote-Control/product-reviews/B002MW0K22/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:11 am

Hi Larry,

Do what I did, build your own on the cheap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

This is what I use for an amplifier:

http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master-Outputs-Distribution-Amplifier/dp/B001PI09SE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378764307&sr=8-1&keywords=channel+master+4+port

Right now I have the home-brew antenna in the attic, coax run straight to the basement where it feeds the above amp. Amp feeds the bedrooms. I still have a tube tv with analog tuner, so then the feed comes into a Zenith (also sold under the LG name) digital converter which has by far the best decoding chipset.

I bought a Channel master antenna rotor (N.O.S. from the 1990's before they ruined them by sending them over to China to be manufactured). Eventually that will rotate the antenna in the attic.

:
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 am

Oh, just to be clear--you only need the amp for looong coax runs or splits, otherwise the $5.00 or so you spend on antenna parts will work just fine!
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 am

Great links, I think I'll go that route! Thanks Joe. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:28 am

I think i'll make me one of those for an FM radio antenna. I think i could make in a few hours when i get the time and scrounge up the materials.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco-ni on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 am

Unfortunately, here in Québec we have no antenna at all on top of the house or even on a tv since about 4 or 5 years except if you buy a booster ( kind of electronic box for capting the waves ).. and withis box we have about 6 channels ( local )...so we have now the tv pluggued by a cable provider..

PS: sorry for my poor English .
Marco-ni

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:24 pm

I see You have ATSC signals much like the US. As far as antenna types go, I have found even the older types will work with a booster amplifier. So many people have given up their antennas for cable, for many it is re-learning old technology. And your English is just fine. We are glad to have you here!
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco-ni on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:12 pm

75X11 wrote:I see You have ATSC signals much like the US.  As far as antenna types go, I have found even the older types will work with a booster amplifier.  So many people have given up their antennas for cable, for many it is re-learning old technology.  And your English is just fine.  We are glad to have you here!

Thank you for your response but........yes an older antenna with a booster - amplifier ( Obligation )..Before, We could capture the waves via the antenna directly. In my case it is not because I wanted to this famous cable but we have not the choice. It warned a few years already that they would be obliged to have the cable, or as you say, a booster - amplifier.. However, we do not capture many channels with the amplifier. we capture at most only 4 or 5 channels but these are only local stations. Wink 

And for your information, I have a lot of antennas Very Happy.. I keep them all in that case of........Wink
Marco-ni

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top