Technics SU-Z11 Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technics SU-Z11 Trouble

Post by Spectrum on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Hello Again Forum! I'm already very glad to have you, Bunch of smart people. haha.
See, i went to visit an good friend of mine, I got some interesting stuff including this "Technics SU-Z11" powered Amplifier, and I got some trouble with it,
I'm playing it through my Marantz Imperial 5G (74'') and the right channel likes to fade, then no bass, or meds get through any further than what would respond to 1.2watts, where i should pull about 7-9watts, i had it open, cleaned it, looked for dead solder joints but nothing found, all caps "look" just fine too?
I would love to have this fixed, as it is like new, and sounds fairly good for my Bedroom setup.
the wattage Meter also shows alot more on the left channel, if that is for any help.

Oh, and do you guys know a Radio Company by the Name "Dux" ? I got an tube radio, which he and i found back in my childhood, it worked then, a long gone memory told me so, but when i tried it, the power transformer began to smoke, together with a loud hum, i saved the tubes, but is the radio lost?

-Spectrum

Spectrum

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Technics SU-Z11 Trouble

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Sounds like you plugged in a radio with shorted filters,, and, toasted your power transformer. You should NEVER plug things until they have been serviced. In this case, electrolytics, and, all paper capacitors should have been replaced, first.
Got any pictures of it??

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4538
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:Sounds like you plugged in a radio with shorted filters,, and, toasted your power transformer. You should NEVER plug things until they have been serviced. In this case, electrolytics, and, all paper capacitors should have been replaced, first.
Got any pictures of it??
I'm sorry bill, i knew but i thought that 2 years didnt make difference, i think i shorted a socket when i had replaced a fuse, but it didnt smoke off, i plugged it out, and Yes, if you want i can take pictures of chassis and stuff for you?

Spectrum

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Pictures would be appreciated. Preferrably in this post.
Please replace electrolytics, paper caps, and, fix other shorts first. I hope power transformer isn't ruinned, but, I just don't know.
If you just straight plugged it in, I'm not betting. And, even one day can make a big difference when you are running on original parts.
Best of luck. Sounds like an interesting radio to me.... May we aslo see the case?
Thanks.......

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4538
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top