You just never know

Go down

You just never know Empty You just never know

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:09 pm

I bought a Zenith console stereo at an auction recently. I gave a whole $1 for it, since the auctioneer could not get a bid on it. They had taken it out of the lady's house and it was VERY nice. Made in 1978. Had the plastic fake front and the whole deal. Three speed BSR changer and "A-track", (8-track). I bought it because it was too nice to see going to the dump. I got it home and put a new needle in it and cleaned and lubed the TT. The thing worked well and sounded pretty good for having 6X9 speakers. I had no interest in it at all, so I put it on a radio show locally where people buy and sell stuff. The show is called "Tradio". I advertised it for $40 with a new needle. A lady called and said she would come right over. Yeah, right. Like I hadn't heard that before. But, she came right over, in less than 30 minutes. Caught me totally off guard. I had exactly $8.50 and a couple hours of my time in it. Her husband helped me load it. She called when she got it home and is totally thrilled. I would not have believed that I would ever sell it. I was getting ready to rob the TT and speakers and put it on the trash pile. You just never know.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

You just never know Empty Re: You just never know

Post by 75X11 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 am

It's nice when things work out like that.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

You just never know Empty Re: You just never know

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Amazing................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12