How do you display your vintage electronic's?

Go down

How do you display your vintage electronic's? Empty How do you display your vintage electronic's?

Post by Tony V on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm

I was just curious how you guy's display your radio's, tv's, and record players? I have several bookshelves in my foyer that i display mine on. I have more radio's than i have shelves so i rotate them out on a regular basis. When i rotate them out i play each one and clean and polish them at that point. My tv's and record players are scattered through out the house. If i knew how to take pictures and post them on here i would share. If you have any pictures to share of your collections and display area's, feel free to do so.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

How do you display your vintage electronic's? Empty Re: How do you display your vintage electronic's?

Post by 75X11 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 am

I have a limited display area also. I usually keep the stored units in stackable plastic containers and as you do, rotate them regularly. I can usually find a good variety of container sizes at Big Lots. A 66 qt. container will hold an RCA 8R71 or Philco 41-250 or a couple of small tabletops.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

How do you display your vintage electronic's? Empty Re: How do you display your vintage electronic's?

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:45 am

Mine are all over the place. Tv's on tv's, radios on tv's, record players on tables, and, cylinder phonographs all over.
I have three screwed together shelving units with mostly lp's, 78's, and, below, some of my favorite record players, including my Newcomb five watt portables, my child's hi fi three tuber, and, my 1963 VM hi fi R-R tape recorder...
I have my Belmont 78 portable player on top of my GE J-805 radio.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:56 am

I have the same interior designer as Fred Sanford of Sanford and son. Seriously I am like Bill, mine are all over the place. At this point I have just about run out of room in my shop. I have a few I want to restore and pull into the house. Then I can display more smaller ones in my shop. My favorite way to display radios is on a shelf close to the ceiling. that way they are up out of the way and can be seen. I also have started mounting signs on my ceiling. My big RCA sign is displayed at the end of my bookcase just above the sams filing cabinets I have.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:47 am

Most of mine are in my garage, some in the house. I have some smaller radios stacked on top of consoles. Not very organized it seems. I rotate occasionally. My wife has a few she likes on top of her roll-top desk. We enjoy our stuff, we don't really worrry about how they are displayed.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:16 am

Hey, guys, remember my Edison model A150 Diamond Disc phonograph, resurected thanks to our friend Ben Dalk??
Well, this morning, did some cleanning, alot of moving around, and, I now have it on proud display in my music room between my telephone table with my blue phone, and, my Edison Oak model H-19 Hepplewhite Diamond Disc phonograph that I am still restoring....
I really love my machines!!

Also, received help getting the horn back on my Edison Model B Home, and, enjoyed playing records on both it, and, my neat Edison model A Fireside..........

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:14 pm

I got a Stereo Stacker table thing, with Wheels, and a whole wall with my biggest loveliest units. all running over two Speaker switches so i can have 8 units on 2 speakers, very nice and show-off-like. I like when people see where my money goes. haha.

Spectrum

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Time Traveler on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:13 pm

I personally don't understand having a collection that's all stored away and you can't see it. I was o a trip a while back and happened to be in a town where a big AK collector lived,
I called him on the phone and asked if I could come by and see his collection. He replied
that they were all stored away in boxes and couldn't be seen.... Geez what's the point in that???
I take a lot of pains to display my collections, here's a link to my web page where you can
visit many different web pages showing my collections.
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/
If you call and want to visit all of my radios are on display and ready to be seen.
Time Traveler
Time Traveler

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Douglas on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:37 pm

I suppose, if you only use your collection for reference, no one else needs to see it, but I agree, if it's in storage, nobody can use it including you.

Today someone wanted to know what the power toggle switch looked like on a Majestic 70; he thought maybe there was a plate marked on and off that he was missing. Easy: I walk out to the display room where the 71 is and snap a photo.

Alan Douglas

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down