Big Radio Sale - Lots of Philco Radios for Sale

Go down

Big Radio Sale - Lots of Philco Radios for Sale

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm thinning the herd even more.

While I prefer pickup only, I will offer shipping - but you will have to pay for packing peanuts and box in addition to shipping, as I do not have any shipping or packing materials.

Don't be afraid to make offers. Reasonable offers considered, unreasonable offers may be rejected.

With that said, here we go:

Philco 41-226 "The Sled".

This is the very radio chronicled here:

http://www.philcoradio.com/notebook/41226.htm

Electronically restored (you can read all about it at the link above). Only flaw is a hole on the right side of the cabinet where a previous owner added a toggle on-off switch as a sloppy "repair" to the set. It now has a new off-on switch in the proper position - the first pushbutton. $125.

Philco 42-355T

Nicely refinished, plus a previous owner added veneer on the left and right edges which were normally photofinished. The result looks very pleasing. Recapped (not by me) and working on AM - but I have not tried it out on FM or SW; I do not expect FM to pick up anything since it covers the old 42-50 mc band. Has a new reproduction escutcheon. Very nice radio. $110.

Philco 41-246T

Not often seen variation of the 41-245, this model had different SW bands (8.8 to 12 mc & 13.5 to 18 mc) than the 245. Has a flaw in the top of cabinet, untested. $40.

Philco 38-250EZ

Very rare export Philco, only one of three that I am aware of in this country. Somehow I ended up with two, and I certainly do not need two, so one needs to go. This one is missing some tubes and will need grillecloth replacement. Displays OK but looks like someone put something on the front panel and let the finish produce runs. $200.

And the madness continues:

Philco 41-245T

Display well but has some scratches and scuffs, the escutcheon has the usual shrinkage/warpage. Not working. $45.

Philco 42-350T

In nice shape overall, not working. Has AM, SW and the old FM band (42 to 50 mc).$75.

Philco 89B (late 1936 version)

Looks good overall, a small fleabite on the front panel veneer at top plus a few more very small chips along the back edge near the top. Working - not repaired by me. Dial scale was wiped clean by a previous owner, so there are no station markings on the dial. $70.

Philco 46-420 "Hippo"

In very good shape, displays well, could use a good polish to really make it shine! No back. Does have a stress crack on the bottom at one of the mounting bolts. No cracks/breaks on top or sides. $50.

Philco 42-340T

Displays well. Not working. Rubber AC cord is deteriorating. $45.

You can see multiple photos of each set here: (NOTE: This link does not work on tablets, and may not work on smartphones either)

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/mrphilco/slideshow/forsale

For tablet and smartphone users, please use this link instead (not a slideshow, but shows the individual pictures):

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/mrphilco/library/forsale

So, don't wait...let me hear from you NOW! Very Happy
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Big Radio Sale - Lots of Philco Radios for Sale

Post by willy3486 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:52 pm

I don't know if you are going but the Nashville meet is next weekend. If so are you planning on going?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm

I can't go, Willy. No  Too much going on around here...
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 pm

The 42-350 is SOLD.

Please note the following regarding the Philco 42-355:

An RCA jack and switch were added (on a perfboard) to allow use of an MP3 player through the radio.

I finally pulled the chassis out to give this set an alignment, only to discover that only the electrolytic capacitors and a few of the paper caps were replaced by a previous owner - a majority of the capacitors are the originals. (I was led to believe that this set was "restored"; in my opinion, it is not.) Plus, the rubber-covered wiring issues were never addressed, and there is some drying out and flaking of rubber insulation on some wires. These wires need to be replaced or resleeved for safety and reliability.

In spite of these issues, it does work well on AM and SW. I could barely hear the harmonic of an FM station on the FM band, but this set uses the old FM band (42 to 50 mc) so you should not expect much - if anything - on this band.

Because of the remaining original caps and the rubber-covered wiring issues which need to be addressed, I have reduced the price of the 42-355 and am now offering it "as is" at $75.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Mods please lock due to lack of interest. Some of these radios have been sold elsewhere, one has been consigned to an antique mall. The sale has, I think, run its course. Thanks for looking.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down