Where has N7ZAL been?

Go down

Where has N7ZAL been? Empty Where has N7ZAL been?

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Just signed on today after several months on another activity. Some may know that I research and write historical western fiction. I went to Nevada for some field research on a book I am doing about an old "wild west" town. Probably the most violent one that existed. More killings than Deadwood, Tombstone, Dodge City all combined.

So I finished the research and have moved to the Oregon coast to do the writing. Now that things have settled down I plan on spending a lot more time here. Lots of catching up to do and I have been slowly getting up to date.

LAter, Bill
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Where has N7ZAL been? Empty Re: Where has N7ZAL been?

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks. Sounds like interesting writing to me. I am always interested in the wild west. Please tell us more.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Once I finish the book, I'll post its status here. I was fortunate to be helped by great people at the local historical societies, libraries, etc. The book is based in 1871 and I was able to get old maps, newspapers, plat layouts, even old books. Some of the history is documented via diaries and they are available free on the net. Same with old photographs I was able to get from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Gathering all the research was a lot of fun and very interesting. I've always been fascinated by old west history, especially the less popular or know aspects. There are many lesser known towns that actually have more interesting history (to me) than the more well known ones.

Based on my last writing it will probably take a year or more to finish.

My last writing was done on Deadwood S. Dakota and Ed from South Dakota (on the other forum) helped me with some pictures and was able to convert the microfilm version of the Deadwood Pioneer newspaper to DVD for me. I tried converting an old slide projector to display the microfilm, without success and Ed was able to do it with his equipment. Nice gesture.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 pm

This sounds like an interesting project. I, too, enjoy Western history. Welcome back.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 pm

In hindsight, I probably should have posted before disappearing. Wink 
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum