Yamati Scooters

Go down

Yamati Scooters Empty Yamati Scooters

Post by tuberadiogeek on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Anyone know anything about Yamati Scooters? Now that i realize mopeds are WAY too overpriced i'm considering scooters. I have a 2006 Yamati 150cc in mind that seems to be reasonably priced and looks to be in overall good condition. I couldnt find any info about them online besides they make a racing version of their scooters by seeing other classifieds online. I know it is likely going to be an overseas manufacturer but as long as it runs,drives and i get it at the right price i do not care.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Yamati Scooters Empty Re: Yamati Scooters

Post by 75X11 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 pm

If I were you I would scour the internet to get reviews and locate potential sources of parts and accessories for it. You will have to consider its' maintenance and the availability of parts.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 pm

It looks like there are a few websites plus ebay to get parts. Apparently it is a GY6 150 cc engine which is used on numerous scooters. They don't look too difficult to work on if i need to. If it is something i can not or do not want to do I have a few cycle shops around and there are lots different types of mechanics going to the same school and i'd imagine some of them would know how to work on them. The engines look like a cross between a moped and motorcycle engine. Two out of three types of engines i know very little about. The third being diesel.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 am

Moped, motorcycle and outboard motor engines die at my slightest repair attempt. I had a Olds Toronado diesel that I kept on the road for 5 years. My first motorcycle was a new brand in the region. When it needed a minor part, that was it for a few weeks. I just didn't want you to have the same experience. That was long before the net.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:53 am

I would also recommed staying away from a two cycle engine. Too finicky and too hard to get running when they quit.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 am

I believe they are all 4 cycle.. I know 2 cycles are good while theyre running, but once they sit too long and quit running they can be a royal pain to get running again. I've worked on a few lawn boy mowers from the 70's.The last one was really tough to get going but i did and it ran great for a few months then quit. I've also worked on some weed eaters but dont like to. Mainly bc of the way the carburetors are on them. My favorite engines to work on period are briggs and stratton from the 60's up until the 90's. Anything after the 90's starts getting complicated and harder to take apart.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum