Does anybody want a cat?

Go down

Does anybody want a cat? Empty Does anybody want a cat?

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 pm

We have a five year old male tortoise shell cat named Percy. He "adopted" us when he was small enough to fit into the palm of my hand. His purr sounds like a 45 horse Mercury at idle.

Percy knows when the wife is fixing breakfast. He hides on the end of the breakfast bar, behind the bowl of fruit. He lays there in full crouch, with his belly and his chin on the counter and his feet tucked underneath him. He thinks he is hiding behind the fruit. He weighs 16 pounds. He is drawing a bead on my bacon. When my plate is set on the table, Percy's ears perk up. Bacon! He waits until I refill my coffee cup, then he pounces. He grabs a chunk of bacon and makes a beeline for the family room. He goes behind the leather couch to eat his "prey." He can be heard crunching on the bacon. If I move the couch, he will go under it, and extend his paw to drag his bacon underneath. He eats it all, and does not leave a mess. God loves a neat thief.

This morning, Percy messed up. Apparently, a chunk of bacon got covered up with hash browns. That was the chunk Percy got ahold of. He scattered hash browns all over the house. My wife threatened to commit a mortal crime. Percy is in big trouble. I will probably have ham in the morning. Percy hates ham.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Does anybody want a cat? Empty Re: Does anybody want a cat?

Post by 75X11 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 pm

It's just as well cats are so entertaining. They certainly don't care how much trouble they stir up.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum