Windsor Vacuum Cleaners

Go down

Windsor Vacuum Cleaners Empty Windsor Vacuum Cleaners

Post by tuberadiogeek on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Anyone familiar with Windsor Vacuums? My neighbor had 2 on the curb and i grabbed them. I figured worst case scenario i can make extension cords or re-use the cords for another application then scrap the steel. They are a Versamatic VS14 and a Sensor XP12. The Versamatic came right on and works just fine. The check brush light is on until the handle is lowered but i do not believe it is a problem. The Sensor doesnt power on. I only got as far as checking the switch, which was good. It seems like there could be a break in the cord, but i have more poking around to do. I looked up the versamatic and was quite surprised at it's current price tag on a vacuum site. It's right up there with a new Dyson. The XP12 isnt too far behind the Versamatic.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Windsor Vacuum Cleaners Empty Re: Windsor Vacuum Cleaners

Post by tuberadiogeek on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:38 pm

After 20 minutes of troubleshooting and testing i unhooked the cord and put a temp cord on it and it came to life when i flipped the switch. I suspected the bad cord due to not getting continuity on either side and was only getting 27 VAC on the cord. Now i just gotta get a suitable replacement cord on it and it will be good to go.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Seeing that they carry replacement parts is a very good sign of value and a long life. Good find and nice work!
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks. I figured. Now i just wish i could find a buyer for the Versamatic for a few hundred dollars i'd be extremely happy. I plan on keeping the Sensor so i have a vacuum with a hose on it since my old hoover doesnt. I spotted an OEM exact replacement cord that will work on either machine for 30.00 on eBay. Once i get the money i'll get one bc i figure 30.00 is not bad for a good quality vacuum.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:57 pm

those look to be commercial quality machines. I would direct the word to hotels or offices or other places with those who would appreciate pro equipment. Print their quote for a new one, that would get their attention!
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

They are commercial/industrial machines. The versamatic is a dual motor. One for suction and one to spin the brush. The Sensor is a single motor with hepa filtration. The XP12 is still available from the manufacturer for 606.00, but the Versamatic is discontinued and available from unoclean.com for 689.00, marked down from 967.50. The replacement for that model retails for 758.00. I have the versamatic on CL for 450.00 OBO but idkl how to direct my item towards businesses that may be interested in a quality machine at a discounted price.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 am

It could pay to stop by a janitorial supply store and let them know (and pass on) that you have the machine for sale. They in turn may get business selling the new owner bags and etc.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum