EBAY FEVER!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

EBAY FEVER!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: EBAY FEVER!!!!!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 pm

It was at 12 dollars (my bid) and he bid $13 with and automatic bid. I went to $13.50 his automatic bids kicked in and ran it to $21. This all happend in the last 15 seconds of the bid. So he bid against me, then relisted it. First listing was $9.99 now it's $29.99

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm

He can't do that.  You can not remove an item in a certain number of hours before the auction ends if there are bids. Period.  I've tried. I thought they stopped all that.  I can't even list the same item twice even though I'm trying to sell two of them.  
If the final bid jumped like that then you might have been double Sniped.  Someone had a higher bid than you but it didn't show up until it was too late, and a Sniper Sniped him.  Personally I just think they're three different items that one person is listing.  He could also say "1 of 3, 1 sold."  I'm selling mic cables and that's how I list them.  Right now it says 5 sold 8 available.
BTW, Mine is the blue one, # 3 from the left.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

There were ONLY TWO BIDS....mine and his, he bid in the last seconds because I was the only bidder was about to win for $12. I didn't realize it was him who won until I saw the SAME audio generator on again and under the SAME seller! This wasn't sniping, it was schilling of a sort. He did run the bid up which is why he STILL has the item!

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Contact PayPal.  That's the only way you can get to eBay.  If that's really what he did they will either put him on probation or they will close his account.  Rule #1 at eBay is that you can not bid against yourself and rule #2 is that you can't end an item just because the bidding is too low.  You CAN do that, only not in the last twelve hours if there are bids.  Believe me, I've tried that too and got my hand slapped, (figuratively of course).
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 am

I see what you are writing about now. I looked at both sales and looked the pics of underneath the chassis on each. There are some differences between them. If you look at the switch to the left of center there are differences in the component layout. Carefully look at each and make sure They are not different. If I were sure they were the same item, I would be advising to go on with it. I can certainly appreciate the frustration this could cause.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 am

If you look at the switch to the left of center there are differences in the component layout.

I'll have to check that out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 am

You are correct and that's not the only differences.

I stand corrected and thank you for your keen observation. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 am

I only wish I had known the situation and saw it sooner. I've gotten used to gleaning every bit of info from the pics attached to the sales, but I'll readily admit I didn't at first. It's just the learning process.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Note: Any seller on eBay must be VERY careful to describe the item accurately. If the case is cracked or doesn't work and described as working, or is bent pierced or dirty; in other words anything that is incorrect or misrepresented can void a sale.

I think I mentioned before that I'm selling microphone cables for vintage microphones on eBay.  My copy says that the item is:
"Assembled in the USA with quality parts and microphone tested.  The inserts might be different colors depending on vendor"
I have not said that the parts come from out of the country but covered my bases by using the word "Assembled".  Some times it can be a very fine line, But that line could make the difference in a sale.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:28 pm

I have found that e-bay is a nice place to look but an awful place to buy. Radios that should sell for xxx dollars are going for xxxx dollars. Perhaps I'm cheap. Plus most of the neat stuff is hundreds of miles or lots more from me. Shipping will double. I'm sticking with C/L to find local stuff. Seldom find anything interesting but typically you can call the seller and talk to them. Get more pictures etc. I would rather drive a couple hundred miles round trip as opposed to paying for shipping and pray that it is packaged well. E-bay, a nice place to look but so far, I have found no good buys.
JMHO Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 pm

I just found a component that I had been looking for at a mighty reasonable price. It is a new item. The main reason I got it is to navigate and play my music from usb drives. This is a Amazon run down on the same item.

http://www.amazon.com/TEAC-CD-P650-Recorder-Remote-Black/dp/B0045EJY90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375313528&sr=8-1&keywords=teac+cd-p650
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm

I've found good deals on components and some tubes but it seems you are wasting your money on radios unless it's $9.99 and listed for parts with a $5 shipping charge. I bought what was supposed to be a catalin radio for $39.99, when it arrived it was a wooden radio and falling apart. When you contact the seller Ebay gets involved and I was offered a $25 dollar refund. I decided that was easier than sending it back.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 pm

I personally love eBay and PayPal.  I've sold a LOT of stuff and probably bought more. Sometimes I'll look at something on Amazon to check the reviews then buy on eBay.
A good example is my latest purchase.  I'm putting together some lighting for my photo studio so I can do more portraits.  I need dimmers and got a few from a friend.  Let's just say that he's still my friend anyway.Rolling Eyes
So I went to eBay.  I found a sale for 24 dimmers with on/off switches, (always a good thing for keeping a light effect set up with out changing everything again.)  It was an auction but like I've said before-NEVER sell in the summer.  I got the whole box for $15 with free shipping.  I bet that in September I'll be able to sell them one at a time for five bucks and free shipping and still make out like a bandit.
EBAy is like the stock market-buy low, (in the summer), sell high, (in the winter).
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm

I got the Teac CD-P650 last night and have been using it during the day today. You just enter the number of the file you want to play from either a USB drive or an MP3 disk. It is kind of like a 1 or 200 disk cd changer. Not a bad buy for $76.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 am

I got a Weller 8200N, never used, still in the case with shrink wrap from 1973. I still have the one I bought new in 1968 but it's been dropped and glued with one chunck missing. I might get a new housing for it from mouser.com. I prefer the older units because of the way you install the tips. The new units use set screws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:08 pm

75X11 wrote:...It helps to research a bit and seek out the best price and that adds an element of restraint...
Yup.

I usually only search for items that are classified as "Buy It Now" sales. If I like the item, I am willing to pay a moderate, "used" price from someone with a very high feedback rating. Bidding sales always seems to run up too high for my taste. I guess people get excited. I can't tell you how many years it's been since I actually "won" on a bidding war. I just don't care, and let the other guy have it. I refuse to pay almost new-in-box prices for old stuff with no guarantee.

I like ebay, but more for an online garage sale than an auction.
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Bidding sales always seems to run up too high for my taste.

That 's why I bid and make a second max bid. I don't get caught up in the last minute bidding or the outragous bidding. I either win at a decent price or loose. In addition to the "buy it now" price I've had good luck with the "make an offer" option.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 pm

I drove by an actual "Yard Sale" the other day.  All they had was a bunch of junk.  For me it's Craigslist, eBay or nuttin'
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 am

I never tried the make an offer yet. That's good to know.
Part of me suspects that some of the sellers or their friends log in under a different name and bid their own stuff up high at the last minute. If so, they can keep it.
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Ragwire wrote:I never tried the make an offer yet. That's good to know.
Part of me suspects that some of the sellers or their friends log in under a different name and bid their own stuff up high at the last minute. If so, they can keep it.
Like I said, there was a lot of that when eBay first started up and they've pretty much weeded it out.  It's not that hard to see what's going on, and trust me, they monitor EVERY listing. One time I listed a microphone and said that the stand was extra.  The listing was removed until I said that the stand was not part of the listing.

Also, having your friends bid against you to raise the price has one fatal flaw.  Your friend might wind up buying the item.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Who will bid on the mystery package; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unopened-SEALED-Heathkit-SW-717-Kit-Receiver-/251321371766?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a83ebcc76#ht_87wt_1045

Not me!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 am

Somehow "Thriftpickers" and that sad story about building the kit with the late dad doesn't quite reach the cockels of my heart. Wink 
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Believe it or not I built one of these for a friend.  It is a bi*ch.  I've also built the oscilloscope for a recording studio, but passed on the TV.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:44 pm

You are going to LOVE this and I mean that literally.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/76-Mini-Coke-Bottle-Tube-RCA-Vintage-Amp-Amplifier-Audio-TV-Radio-Ham-TUBES-/310733355236
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum