Finally. Now can we just get on with it?

Go down

Finally.  Now can we just get on with it? Empty Finally. Now can we just get on with it?

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 pm

The Kardashians of merry old England, Duke and Duchess of Wherever finally had their little goomer today. The had nine months (at least) but could not give the little piker a name. These people do not work, do not make any practical contribution to anything, yet they are considered royalty. If it were up to me, they would toss those inbred morons out on their ear, goofy hats and all. Nice. Third in line to the "throne" and they have to call him His Majesty What's-His-Name. Only in England. Now I guess we will have to tolerate a year of hearing how poor old Princess Di will never get to be a grandmum. Get over it, folks. Elvis is not gonna win "Americaa's Got Talent" either, but I'll bet there is not gonna be anything on British tv about that!

We have our own drama queens, thank you. We certainly do not need to import drama.

Thankfully, we only have two or three months of tv specials, in-depth interviews with anyone anywhere who had anything to do with this blessed event being interviewed to finally get some peace

Jeez!!!!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Finally.  Now can we just get on with it? Empty Re: Finally. Now can we just get on with it?

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:40 pm

??????????????????????/

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Finally.  Now can we just get on with it? Empty Re: Finally. Now can we just get on with it?

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Another of my rants on the human condition, Bill. I tried to keep tongue in cheek. Hopefully, I did not cross the sensitivity line. I get sick of hearing, ad nauseum about the same thing. Don't we have high gas prices or something else to talk about?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnesotaHam on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Apparently, Bill watches zero TV.
Good for him!

Bill, this is about the birth today of the first child for Prince Williams and Catherine Dutchess of Cambridge. This changes the order of succession to the English Monrachy--the future potential King of England.

MinnesotaHam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:The Kardashians of merry old England, Duke and Duchess of Wherever finally had their little goomer today.  The had nine months (at least) but could not give the little piker a name.  These people do not work, do not make any practical contribution to anything, yet they are considered royalty.   If it were up to me, they would toss those inbred morons out on their ear, goofy hats and all.   Nice.  Third in line to the "throne" and they have to call him His Majesty What's-His-Name.  Only in England.  Now I guess we will have to tolerate a year of hearing how poor old Princess Di will never get to be a grandmum.  Get over it, folks.  Elvis is not gonna win "Americaa's Got Talent" either, but I'll bet there is not gonna be anything on British tv about that!

We have our own drama queens, thank you.  We certainly do not need to import drama.

Thankfully, we only have two or three months of tv specials, in-depth interviews with anyone anywhere who had anything to do with this blessed event being interviewed to finally get some peace Jeez!!!!
Regards WC

....And this diatribe from someone who lives in a country whose endless cretinous tv programs idolizing plastic heroes and villains and all manner of moral decay, are exported to nearly every Western Country on the planet and then rammed down our throats on a daily basis???

Give me a break.....

And yes, when they are shown here, I switch to a channel where my intelligence is not insulted to the point of wanting to throw something at the tv. If you don't like what's happening with the British royal family, I suggest you do the same.

Ron.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:44 pm

I agree WC, there is more to life than listening to this crap. No 

I have my own grandchildren and that is where my attention is! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by ea327 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 am

Go get 'em WC. I'm with you 100%!!
ea327
ea327

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 am

I see. I agree with all you guys. I'm sick of the crap being shoved down our thrats every day. I don't watch main stream tv at all, anymore! And, when Me tv starts another set of commercials for life insurance, better bladdrs, sitting upside down, and, alright, I'm going to say it!, Posti Vac at night, I stop watching the programs I DO like, and, turn the tv back off! TV, and, radio, and, news papers, now adays stink! I'm trying to get over my celulitis, I am trying to get my strenghth back, I'm going to church, I am trtying to live a life. I'm sick to death of the carp put on the air.
O.K. I'm at least temporarily back off my soap box.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Ron, those very "plastic idols", (note my reference to our resident loonies the Kardashians) are what I am ranting about. One cannot open any device of any kind, tv, computer, I-something, ANYTHING, without seeing something about the silly "House of Windsor", the K's, Justin Bieber, people like that. There are people losing their jobs and homes, kids with cancer, misery aplenty that should concern us more than what Kate or the Queen Mum wore to the blessed event, who washed the Rolls, and on and on. You can't choose another channel. These people are EVERYWHERE. I pay my cable bill, like a doof each month. I PAY TO WATCH THIS STUFF!! IF you had that reality to face, would you not rant just a tad as well? Like Bill said, it is just shoved down our throats.

On a more personal note, I am relieved to know that the "tar and feather" committee has seen fit to cut me some slack over my comments. I appreciate everyone's support on this.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 pm

May I ask what tar, and, feather committee you are talking about?? We don't have one here...................

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:18 pm

The committee of public opinion. Folks thinking that I was off my rocker or something. Not referring to you or the guys, Bill. You would just axe my post and send me a charming PM. Just kidding, Bill. Just kidding..........I mean making fun of the Queen Mum and all. Some might have thought that I was a proper Chahlie! It's not all beer and skittles being in the House of Windsor nowadays, you know.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Nor in the U. S.
I got more bad news on my health care today. I'm very testy.
Sorry.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Sorry about your health situation, Bill. I certainly understand testy. I started this thread because I could not find anything, on any medium, that did not involve this subject. I wish you well and you will be in my prayers. You don't owe me nor anyone else an apology. Hang in there, and all the best to you.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 pm

To me, it's all relative. If something has to play as the distant backdrop of my life I would always sooner it be the Windsors than the Kardashians any day. It is going to be one of them whether you like it or not. Very Happy 
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:26 pm

My wife just informed me that we have had the first official wave by the new prince. And old Prince Chahles had to ride to the hospital in a Jag-u-ah, chauffeur driven, of course. The Duke and Duches of Wherever had to take the little goomer home in a $179.00 car seat, and hauled in a Land Rover. Nary a Rolls-Royce in sight. Wonder since BMW bought the Roller factory has that grand old marque become passe to the royals? And "Wills" was seen IN PUBLIC with his shirt unbuttoned. And Kate was dressed in polka dots. The three of them, Wills, Kate, and What's-his-name will have to slum about in a 20 room "apartment", when they get done doing a bazillion dollar redo on it. God save the Queen!!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 pm

I keep hearing about Prince William on the radio, but they leave "sound" off the end. I understand the Queen is partial to Land Rovers, having been a driver in the war and she liked to do her own driving while at home.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 am

All this reminds me when we had saturation media coverage here in Oz of your latest prez ascending the (paid for by the citizens) throne in Washington DC...... Royalty American style.

Amazingly, even when your Royal prezness addresses his subjects on the white house lawn, his voice booms just as though he is in a large auditorium....massively digitally enhanced sound to make his voice all that more authoritative, strident and heavenly. Didn't fool me for one nanosecond.

And then there's the endless mindless media stories here on his bloody dog and his wife and what she's wearing when she slums it down at the local burger joint just for the pre-warned and eagerly waiting media rabble...all cleverly designed and scripted to make her and the prez look just like 'common folk'.

All this while your country is sliding inexorably into moral and fiscal decay.

And some of you presume to dump on another country's royal family?????

Puhleeeze!
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:48 am

Ron, I don't think anyone intended to dump on another country but rather the news. I'm sure we all agree with you about what you hear from the USA and our first family.

News people are all the same no matter what country you're in. At no time did anyone mean any disrespect towards another country.

I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Certainly not out of me, and, nothing I've read here, or, I would have stopped the thread. Frankly, we're all just fed up with the news media and, their over hype.
That, I believe, was the point being made here. Not what the hiarchy in your country is doing. We are just fed up with the news over kill.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 pm

My apologies if I misunderstood the OP's intentions.

My last post was to simply draw a few parallels with your administration and the way is is presented by the media and the way the British Royal family is portrayed by the same media.

Radios are more fun.

Ron.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:07 am

Ron Pond wrote:
Radios are more fun.

I'll agree with that!     Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 am

Since I AM the OP, I apologize to Ron if my comments about media saturation cut too close to the quick. I meant no disrespect to anyone. My comment was intended to take a jab at the media. Really folks. If we did not have politicians and public figures to poke fun at, just WHO or WHAT would make the subject of a good laugh? In this country, it is not only accepted, it is expected.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Yes, but, remember.. This is NOT a political forum. I allow a certain amount of talk about things because I don't believe in being hard nosed. But, I always warn against hurtful comments, and, flame wars.
That has not change. Please, guys, let's keep it friendly.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Remember-7 corporations, (actually 5), own ALL media in the USA.  There is Public Radio but even that is slowly going down the drain.  I recently found out that at least half of my local classical station is done with "Voice Tracking".  That's where the personality comes in for an hour and pre-records their show to later be integrated into a computer where rest of the stuff like ID's, Sponsors, etc. is.  Les Nesmin, (WKRP ) was right.  The main person at the station is the production manager.
I've recently switched to "Over the air" broadcasting. Some of the Stuff is the same, but it's easier to ignore, especially since everything is on hiatus and just reruns anyway.
All media is oatmeal.  Just give the audience bread, (read beer), and circus, (read sports), and who cares about the rest.

P.S, Don't get me started on news media
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down