Graphic equalizer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphic equalizer

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:42 pm

I have a cheap RCA Radio Shack equalizer that I use to process 78 rpm records and tape to digital. It has started going on the fritz at the most inopertune moments, and I am ready to toss it. It cuts out the left channel and I have to start my processing all over after fooling with the equalizer. Does anybody have a recommendation for a good equalizer? Maybe an "old" one that was made in the good old USofA? Does anybody make a new one worth its salt, or have the audiophools poo-pooed these things into antiques. I really liked this one until it got wonky.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic equalizer

Post by tuberadiogeek on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:50 am

I had a Pioneer GR-560 for a long time. I used it to fine tune my music from CD players and Mp3 players. It's a mid '80's EQ and only 7 band but makes a big difference in sound quality compared to just a normal amp with bass and treble adjustments. My younger brother still has my old one and i'm thinking about getting it back from him since he never uses it and doesnt quite understand how to use it. Here is one on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-GR-560-7-Band-Graphic-Equalizer-/300934306138?pt=US_Home_Audio_Equalizers&hash=item461115195a It's a little pricey, but is a nice EQ but not made in the USA..
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by justradios on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 am

Graphic equalizers aren't very useful in audiophile systems, but are used extensively in commercial systems. I have two of them, one made by Furman and the other Rane. Without pulling them out and looking at them, I can't tell you where they were made, but they both are high quality pieces of equipment and not inexpensive new. However, if you look on Ebay in the Pro Audio section you can find quality used ones under $100. There are brands like Behringer and Peavy that turn up that there that are budget commercial brands and are probably best advoided.

justradios

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top