While you guys were playing with death rays.....

Go down

While you guys were playing with death rays..... Empty While you guys were playing with death rays.....

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm

..........I was busy getting on the "good husband" list. I am not known for being on it very often. My wife has been recovering from knee replacement surgery, so, to be a nice guy and to speed her recovery, I decided to work her "boy's list" without fail, with regularity, and with absolute success. Little jobs like cleaning all the ceiling fans, clean the shower in my bathroom. Remove and clean every light bulb in the house, and re-install. Take all the switch plates off and put them in the dishwasher for cleaning and re-install. Remove, and wash all the window screens, and re-install. Use the edger along the concrete driveway, so that grass is not growing across the concrete. I washed and waxed her Tahoe, cleaned the interior and the tires. I used the pressure washer on the underside and the engine. And, I replaced some bad trim around the garage door. All in the last two weeks. The frau just announced that we are having barbecued ribs for supper, with homemade mashed potato salad, a sure sign that I am officially on the "good husband" list. The day is not over, and I am sure to mess up something before bed time.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

While you guys were playing with death rays..... Empty Re: While you guys were playing with death rays.....

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Now there is a tip I never thought of, wash the switch plates in the dish washer!

cleaning the ligh bulbs reminds me of teh movie Driving Miss daisy

Don't talk to Idella! She has work to do.
What are you doing?
Dusting the bulbs, Miss Daisy.
That's the silliest thing I ever saw.
Who cares if lamp bulbs are dusty?

I have a lot of those chores to do myself.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

While you guys were playing with death rays..... Empty Re: While you guys were playing with death rays.....

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 pm

MY WIFE cares if the bulbs are dusty! And she cares even more if I don't clean them at least once a year. The ceiling fans have to COME DOWN, to be cleaned properly. Then put back up. And heaven help me if she sees a spider web. OMG!!! Putting switch plates and outlet covers in the dishwasher is a reward for advancing age. I used to have to wash them in the sink. By hand.

Now I have to move the fridge out of the cabinet, clean everywhere and then take the fridge out to the garage and blow out all the dust and pet hair and (heaven forbid) cobwebs. We have a 30 cubic foot Whirlpool french door fridge and it takes three men and a good stout youth to get it out of the house, up to the shop, and get it back. I'm telling you, it's hard work getting on the "good husband" list. At my age, the motivation and the rewards are getting less and less. Thirty years ago, the rewards were okay and worth all the work! I squished a bug in the garage the other day, and it left a little spot on the wall. Now she wants the garage painted. When am I gonna learn? I like a clean house, so I guess this stuff needs doing. And it's almost time for grout cleaning.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum