I should get hazard pay!

Go down

I should get hazard pay! Empty I should get hazard pay!

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:49 pm

I live in a resort area by the lake. A lot of the properties in our little complex are owned by "out-of towners" or "city people" who come down here with their beer, their kids and their golf carts and let their hair down. And that is just fine with me. Sometimes, things can get a tad out of control.

I decided that my two overweight mutts needed a good walk. It was cloudy this morning and that seemed like a good time to take the pups on a stroll. I have a 16 pound poodle mix that should weigh 10 pounds and a 104 pound golden retriever female who should weigh less than 90 pounds. She has a bad hip, like most goldens do, and the added weight causes her more problems. I walk them every day, and they look forward to being harnessed up and walk down by the lake. The golden likes to get into the water and swim, but the poodle mix wants none of that!

We hadn't walked 50 feet until we were approached by an unleashed pit bull pup. I carry a can of mace for protection. Fortunately, the pit bull pup was friendly, and I asked the owner to put him on a leash. The guy looked at me like I just fell off the turnip truck. Do they let dogs run loose without penalty in Kansas City? I think not.

We walked a short distance and came upon a curve in the road. All of a sudden the golden retriever bailed for the ditch. Some kid, about 8 years old came around the curve driving a golf cart, alone, with no adult on board, and nearly ran over Ginger. Good grief. Can 8 year old kids drive legally now? Who would have paid the freight should I or my dogs been hit by that golf cart? Surely not an 8 year old kid.

Down at the park, it looked like a war zone. Somebody or a group of somebodys, had fired off fireworks and left the debris on the park lawn. Six of us had to get rakes and lawn sweepers and clean up their mess. We put it in garbage bags, and if I can find out who did it, I am going to box it up and mail it to them. To top that off, I have had to stay up until 3 in the morning for the last four mornings because my little poodle mix is terrified of fireworks. We stay in the garage playing the stereo until the noise lets up. I will be glad when the idiots go home.

The good side of this is that I got some extra bench time in and the weather has been gorgeous. I ate a lot and did not have to mow for a change. I spent some time with friends that I had not seen in awhile and all is well. I hope all of you had a nice holiday.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

I should get hazard pay! Empty Re: I should get hazard pay!

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Ever tried one of these things for your affected dog? I remember hearing about them when they first came out.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10846174.htm
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

The ad says Thundershirt massages the dog and makes it feel safe. Me rubbing our dog's belly all night makes him feel safe. This dog has another problem other than being terrified of fireworks. He is simply spoiled rotten. He sleeps with us, he will only eat out of Fiestaware bowl, an orange one, on the rust colored rug in my bathroom. Do not try and change this routine, as he is wise to humans and their attempts to trick him. Do not use fake Fiestaware, do not try a blue bowl, (he won't even go into the same room with a stainless steel dog dish!) and do not put his dish on the bare tile floor. He sleeps in the middle of the bed on his own pillow. He rides on the arm rest in the front seat, with the seat belt run thru his harness. He insists on a golf cart ride thru the community daily, and do not try to cheat him out of it. He will stand at the door and whine until he gets to go on his buggy ride. Instead of walking thru the garage to get to the golf cart, he walks under the pickup, under the black Buick, under the tractor, jumps over the blade on back of the tractor, onto the platform of the golf cart, then onto the seat. He does not want his leash hooked up when he is on the golf cart. Do you get the drift? In his defense, he is one of the smartest, most well-behaved little rescue mutts I have ever seen. He is my shadow, never more than five feet from me anytime he is awake. My wife makes this worse by refusing to give him Benadryl or other medication for fright. The Thundershirt sounds like the most reasonable solution other than what I am doing now. I thank you for the link.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:54 am

My wife has decided to try a Thundershirt. Now the neighbors are shooting off fireworks, and it appears that I am going to get to stay up all night taking care of the dog. For the second weekend in a row.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:19 am

Hope it works for you and gives the little one some relief.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum