Brain scan comes up empty

Go down

Brain scan comes up empty Empty Brain scan comes up empty

Post by terrydec on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 am

Well, not exactly, but mysteries abound in the case I call
Hospital From Hell!

After successfully being treating for a raging colon infection by constant antibiotics by IV I was finally ready to go home.

Suddenly, right after one of my IV bags was changed I started acting manic.  And trust me- I was talking like an LP at 45rpm.  Then,  not two minutes after my nurse left I suddenly felt like someone had given me a triple dose of adrenaline.  
I’d never felt like this. Zoom zoom.  I dragged my IV lines, pump and all, out into the hallway screaming for help.  Except for a few lucid moments here and there, all I remember is screaming, “I’m dying, aren’t I” or, Am I having a stroke?” I don’t remember anything else until winding up in the stroke room. Now the hospital has only two crash carts-“Heart Attack” and “Stroke”.  They went with stroke.  I was totally unresponsive.  I couldn’t lift my arms or my legs and couldn’t move my head.  The problem is that although I was showing classic stroke symptoms they couldn’t find any typical stroke ‘causes’.  
BTW-The stroke room is not nearly as much fun as it sounds. They come in every half hour and make you lift your arms and legs.  I gradually got better.

The next day I was expecting my doctor to tell me what happened.  He didn’t know what I was talking about.  If fact he had been told by my “Family” to get off the case.  I don’t have a family.  Then he came back with the excuse that I had a reaction because I was “Double dipping” my medication.

Okay, at this point I need to mention some things.  The hospital had lost a vial of Meloxicam, (Mobic), an arthritis medication and there was also an empty vial for Flowmax floating around somewhere.  The seals for my narcotic, (Norco) and a sedative called Klonopin, (Clonazepam), had been broken.

Now THIS is the story the hospital is going with.  You’re not going to believe it.  First of all there was never any Mobic since it wasn’t in the pharmacy and I must have made it up to cause trouble.  However in one of my lucid moments I remember someone finding something down in one of the pockets of my backpack.
Then-I, dragging an IV pump, somehow broke into the pharmacy, (seriously) and stole the pills.  This accounts for my “Seizure”and the broken seals.   P.S. Later it was discovered that about 60 pills were missing
P.S-my official chart that my doctor got contains NOTHING but the anti-biotic treatment.
Me- I’m convinced that it was a contaminated IV bag, and that’s why all of the ridiculous stories.  If you believe their story then they are not culpable.  
Since then I have been having severe symptoms.  Something catastrophic happened, but nobody will admit anything. That is why I had a brain scan yesterday.  My doctor is going with mini strokes, I’m going with almost dying from neglect.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Brain scan comes up empty Empty Re: Brain scan comes up empty

Post by Polaraligned on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Wow. That is some story. I have a few of my own.
Thank God you are OK.

Polaraligned

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

I guess I went past this part while I was wallowing in my own self-pity.
This is also meant to be a discussion thread because most of us have their own story.  For instance more people die in hospitals than anywhere else.

Everybody wants to know, "Did you see a white light?"  Well, there was a white tile on the ceiling in the CAT scan room.
There is one thing that does comes to mind.  It was more like a dull red light with all this noise.  Most of it sounded like Wailing and the gnashing of teeth.
Now- back to my wallowing and self pity stuff.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 pm

When I was undergoing cancer treatment in 2003, there was a cowboy rookie who was doing IV's.  I had watched him stab and poke at other people and decided to watch him.  When it came my turn, I told "Bucky" (you never want an IV by a tech named Bucky) that I was not a pincushion and that he had exactly three tries before he had to call 911.  I am beyond terrified of needles.  The first time, he missed.  The second time, he broke a blood vessel and I got this big knot on my arm.  I don't remember the third time, because I woke up in the CCU of the hospital.  I had gone into full cardiac arrest, just like I told him I would.  During cancer treatment, I had exactly 216 IV's put into me.  Bucky only did one.  I never saw him again, and have not to this day.  My insurance company was not billed for my three day stay in the cardiac care unit.  No official at the hospital will give me any plausible explanation of why, since they maintained that they did nothing wrong.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 pm

It seems the longer one has contact with a hospital, the more bad events come to pass. As far as placement of guilt goes that is solely the responsibility of the patient. One admission on the part of the hospital and they are on the spit. They admit nothing.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:40 pm

I have veins in my hands that look perfect, but they roll. After three attempts which included going through the vein and missing it- twice I did it myself.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:56 am

My veins roll as well. There is no way I could give myself a shot or put in my own IV. I am way too terrified of needles and have too weak a stomach. You are lucky in that regard. You would think that as may times as I have been stuck, I would be used to needles. I'm not. I have to have the best tech in the place who gets it perfect the first time.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 pm

I hate it when they get it wrong and it is a blessing when they get it right. I can't figure out how the good ones are able to line up with a piece of slippery linguine under a covering one can't see through and get it right laterally and linearly.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:35 pm

75X11 wrote:I hate it when they get it wrong and it is a blessing when they get it right.  I can't figure out how the good ones are able to line up with a piece of slippery linguine under a covering one can't see through and get it right laterally and linearly.

It's easy-NEVER let a doctor try to get blood or make an injection. They are the worst.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a doctor do either of those. That also makes me think of the British TV series Doc Martin. He had severe problems with the sight of blood and no nurse in his practice.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 pm

I haven't posted very much lately because-
A) I'm having a lot of really bad symptoms.
And
(B The hospital is playing 'hot potato' with my records. The last time I was in the hospital EVERY single thing, like how much 02 I was using, every injection, every pill, etc. etc.was written in my chart.  And by the way, if you don't know this "BY LAW" you can demand your complete chart for your stay "ON DEMAND".  Period.  You are allowed to wait for it and it must be complete.
My chart has a lot of stuff my doctor  never ordered, strange drugs prescribed by other doctors, no reports of the medications that were used.  For instance I had pain medication every 8 hours.  A morphine shot and 4 hours later 2 lortabs. None of this, or what kind of antibiotics were used, or if I almost died.  You'd think that the results of a CAT, Blood tests, Blood sugar and ESPECIALLY why I was moved from my room to the stroke room would be charted.
Not a Word about any of that.
My regular doctor thinks it is because they accidentally started the wrong IV and want to cover it up.
P.S. You can't sue a hospital but you can sue the doctor.  And you CAN make life a living hell for the hospital, especially if you can somehow get the media involved.

BTW- Oh yeah, I forgot.  I received a bill today for over $3000.  For trying to kill me, I don't think so.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:08 pm

With creative bookeeping being the order of the day to wring every cent out of every insurer, you are going to find some massaged lists of services and materials. I usually can't get over the totals. Very Happy  
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:41 am

I'm just not going to pay. Let em get in line behind the IRS and DirecTV.  There's a very long line, ( not on purpose, just poor), but no cutting.  Simple fact, you can't garnishee SSA funds.
I haven't paid a dime for any medical procedures since 1996 except for my drug co-pay, and I'm not about to start now.  In fact I just went through this year's evaluation last month and I was told I'm good. They can kiss my rosy red, (What is the opposite of lips?)
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 am

On another site I frequent they call it the brown star.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down