Big storm threat could spawn derecho

Go down

Big storm threat could spawn derecho Empty Big storm threat could spawn derecho

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:22 pm

We got hit with one of these last June 30th and is wasn't fun;

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57588861/big-storm-threat-could-spawn-derecho/

Back to top Go down

Big storm threat could spawn derecho Empty Re: Big storm threat could spawn derecho

Post by 75X11 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 pm

I'd not heard that term used before today.  At least they have a name for it that can be printed.  When such storms passed through when I lived up north, everyone had names for them that shouldn't be used in public.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Big storm threat could spawn derecho Empty Re: Big storm threat could spawn derecho

Post by tuberadiogeek on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 pm

It actually wasnt that bad in Lima.We mainly got heavy rain with probably 50-60 MPH wind gust with some lightning and few rumbles of thunder. It was a slight bow echo that caused most of the damage.  However a few near-by areas got hit with some EF-0 tornadoes. Those are classified for rotational winds between 65 and 85 MPH. The areas that were hit the worst were mainly rural areas with lots of open fields. Although it was never stated if those EF-0's actually touched down. I remember the derecho that hit last June, It split my very old apple tree in half. That was one very crazy storm. The conditions yesterday didnt come nowhere near the same conditions as last year that caused that crazy storm.. A majority of the storm cells that came my direction ahead of the bow echo either dissipated or went to the northeast of Lima..

Last edited by tuberadiogeek on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stated northwest rather than northeast..)
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:32 pm

We didn't get hit very bad at all, not like last year. It was great for business, several phone systems got hit by lightning.

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 am

It was looking pretty ominous down here, but it was such a thin formation the rain wasn't that bad.  The wind working the tree limbs knocked out a lot of residential power.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down