Computers are down, life has to go on!!!

Go down

Computers are down, life has to go on!!! Empty Computers are down, life has to go on!!!

Post by scottb on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 pm

I was supposed to be at a job site at 6am this morning. I woke up with the alarm flashing 12:00. I even asked for a wake up call at the motel, but since the computers were down nothing happened. I scramble and am ready to check out of the motel by 6am but the nice lady told me I cannot check out, computers were down and the credit card machine did not work. I told her I spent two nights there, I should be preapproved!! Nope no dice, I offered cash as this has happened before but she said no, in a very rude voice. Checkout time was at 11am so I told here I am working in town and would be back. I finished my work and walked back into the motel with my suitcase around 9:15 am when the dragon lady asked me where I was going. I told here I was going to take a shower and a nap before I drive home. She told me my room was cleaned, so I thanked her for making sure my room was cleaned, I used 3 towels showering and even though I did not nap, I tore up the bed.
With that, I now keep 200 bucks stashed in my wallet as some idiot hit both fibers for my hometown Marshall which shut down, banks gas stations, everything. only check or cash could be used. It is strange how a thunderstorm or a guy in a backhoe can shut down all money transfers!!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Computers are down, life has to go on!!! Empty Re: Computers are down, life has to go on!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:36 pm

You would be amazed at how much is tied together with hotel computers.  When you check-in that PC generates a file which passes information to another PC to make your key and to the phone system to turn on the phone in your room and also allow for heating and cooling to be used in that room. All this is monitored by the hotel chain because they get a percentage of the room rate! This is one of the things I set up in my business.

Back to top Go down