Spreading the word

Go down

Spreading the word

Post by Oldsmobile Man on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Any ideas of how to get word out to folks that theres a forum here? i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get attendance up. Also anything you guys's would like to see in the forum?

Thanks
Robert
Oldsmobile Man

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

An Identity for TRF

Post by Uffda on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 pm

I would like to see some "radio repair for dummies" posts. For instance, I often see advice to measure plate voltage or check for out of tolerance resistors or use a
signal gen. or tracer to track down problems, but the manuals for test equipment seem to assume some experience in using the units. Some visual aids showing settings
of the equipment and exactly where to touch the probes for measurements would greatly reduce the intimidation factor. There are some helpful videos on youtube, but
they are limited in scope. I have plenty of books explaining theory and somewhat understand that. It's the practical use of VOMs, VTVMs, and Sig Gens that befuddle me most.
Even explicit pictures showing where and where not to clean, de-ox, and lube would be appreciated.

With ARF, Nostalgia Air, RAR+P, the Philco Phorum and others competing for the attention of old radio fans, this place could fill a niche that the others don't address.
Some basic learning here would enrich the participation on the other forums and newbies referrals from them would liven up this place.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Re: Spreading the word

Post by scottb on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Seems like everybody has been very busy this summer. I have not posted much anywhere. I had my youngest daughters wedding and otherwise I have been working every weekend since August. I know they say the economy is bad but when it comes to automation, companies have been spending money like crazy!!!!
I am probably the cause, I use industrial automation that eliminates manual labor. I guess that is what the future is all about, one will need an education to get a job.

scottb

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Re: Spreading the word

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum