I am heart broken!!!

Go down

I am heart broken!!! Empty I am heart broken!!!

Post by scottb on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm

I have a blacklab that was seen thrown from a car near a pet rescue place. He was deaf when I got him, but not to break rules, somebody higher up let him hear again. Today my wife asked me to fix a chair which needed a hammer.
I finished, went to put the hammer away and my little friend saw the hammer completely afraid of me since he and cowered whimped and run away. I would never hurt the little man and right now he will have nothing to do with me. We have been together for almost a year and he loved me. My best friend will have nothing to do with me. I am sure he will come around, but if I ever see a animal abused again, I will have 3 hot meals, TV and no freedom!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

I am heart broken!!! Empty Re: I am heart broken!!!

Post by Motorola man on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 pm

I hope that there's a special place in hell for people who abuse animals. All of my four legged children (past & pressent) were rescued, several came from abusive households. It tears me up inside to see an animal suffer, especially at the hands of a human. If someone is that calous to an innocent creature, they could just as easily do the same to a person.
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 pm

That poor dog must have been abused by a man with some sort of stick in his hand. I'm sure in time he will trust you again. I got an abused dog once and it is difficult to regain their trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:13 pm

I have no kids and am too old to start trying. My Chihuahua (Lindy)is my baby and always will be. God help anyone who would try to hurt her...
I am heart broken!!! Hhghg

Be patient Scott He will come around in time dog treats don't hurt either! Wink
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Our Golden Retriever would walk thru hell fire if you offer her a few M&M's. I would bet your dog has a similiar weakness. Good luck.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:44 am

Wildcat445 wrote:Our Golden Retriever would walk thru hell fire if you offer her a few M&M's. I would bet your dog has a similiar weakness. Good luck.

Regards

WC

Be careful of feeding dogs chocolate as it can kill them.
http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dogs-and-chocolate-get-the-facts

As far as animals goes they will eventually come around to liking you. Where I live is used often to drop animals. My current dog is a german sheppard looking mix and was abandoned. He went you my MIL first and I brought him home. Now when I come home he will "talk" to me and go on because he is happy to see me. With the road project here and so many moving I have a lot of strays around. Currently I need to find homes for about 5 adult cats and about 10 kittens. One lady was the neighborhood cat lady. She wound up in the nursing home and while there the state got her house. He family cleaned the house out but all the cats stayed. So guess where they went to. Anyone want a cat?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am

I would not give our poodle mix chocolate, but a 104 pound golden retriever is another matter. There is a long story how the tradition of sharing M&M's with our goldens started, but the practice has yielded no negative results and is fully veteranarian approved. Semi-sweet chocolate is an anti-oxidant and golden retrievers are prone to getting cancer. Rest assured, I would rather do harm to myself than to that dog.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 pm

When I was very young we had a neighbor who owned a pekingese dog. She used to feed that dog M&M's! After reading your link and knowing the size of a pekingese, I don't know how that dog survived!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Let me see if I read this correctly. 10 ounces of dark chocolate could potentially kill a 22 pound dog. Our golden retriever weighs 104 pounts, roughly 5 times that of a 22 pound dog. So, using this formula, if I fed Ginger 50 ounces of dark chocolate M&M's, OVER 3 POUNDS, nearly $50 worth, in a single serving, it could POTENTIALLY kill her. The bag says 8 pieces equal an ounce. I give her six pieces. Maybe a couple times a week. Phooey on the scientists. There are other things to worry about than giving Ginger a few M&M's. I wouldn't give her 3 pounds of M&M's in her entire lifetime cumulatively. She has a better chance of becoming Miss America than dying from chocolate poisoning.

The tradition of giving our goldens M&M's started when I completed over three years of cancer treatment. When the medical team that treated me decided that I was going to live, I was referred to the oncology "after care" department. Two doctors, one a radiologist and one that did chemotherapy met with me and advised that I needed additional rounds of radiation and chemo to "be assured" that the recurrance of my throat cancer would not be as likely. They said that there could be severe consequences. It would kill my saliva glands, it would necessitate my getting my teeth all pulled, could make me impotent, could cause prostate problems, could damage my eyesight, could damage my hearing, could leave burns and scars. Could cause permanent hair loss. Could even cause other forms of cancer. I asked what the potential benefit to me, percentage wise, that, if I took this therapy, what were the chances of absolutely no cancer could return. They replied about 10%. I replied that I would be just as well off eating M&M's then. They both replied in the affirmative. We lost our old golden, Jake, to cancer during the time I was going thru cancer treatment. When we got Ginger, I vowed to not only eat M&M's for myself, but to also share them with Ginger. Our D-I-L actually had some M&M's made that said "Chemo" on them. M&M's must work to prevent cancer, since neither I not Ginger have cancer. This started the grand tradition mentioned above.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:59 pm

I can't vouch on it killing dogs but it is what heard. I guess its like alcohol if you drink it in moderation its suppose to be ok but too much health problems. I never let my dogs eat it since I heard it was bad for them.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 am

I did not intend my comments about M&M's to end up as a pissing contest about feeding dogs chocolate. My point was for the OP to find something special that the dog liked and have the dog concentrate on that to overcome trauma. I apologize if I left the impression that my obviously unpopular methods of dog training were appropriate for his situation. I hope that the OP finds some method of making not only his dog, but himself feel better about this incident. That's all I've got to say about that....

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Jake is doing much better!!!! I just cannot let him see me with a hammer

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm

No problem wildcat. I wasn't intending it to be a pi$$ing contest ether. I was just forwarding along what I had heard in case someone hadn't heard it. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Keep doing right by the dog. It'll work things out just fine.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum