I am finally finished

Go down

I am finally  finished Empty I am finally finished

Post by willy3486 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:41 am

I am finally finished with the moving of all the stuff on the mother in laws place to her house or barn. I have spent 3 years working on it on almost all my spare time. I have moved well over 100 to 200 or more loads with my pickup and trailer, around 6 loads today for example. I have hauled probably 10 to 20 loads to the scrapyard alone. I also cleaned up my wifes brothers place as his son died during his move. I still have some more work to do but not like I have had to do over the last 3 years.

The movers were here today and loaded up moving van that was probably 24 to 30 foot long full of junk headed for the landfill. I still have a couple of loads of scrap metal to haul off but its behind my workshop. The only thing left on the place I have to deal with is her plants that a fellow is coming to help us move tomorrow and some yard sale stuff. The movers helped me box up what we had left into boxes. I plan to load them on a 20 ft trailer and haul them to her house for a yard sale. But that shouldn't take a couple of hours.

So the endless days of spending every free moment of the weekend clearing out the place is over. So now I need to put up all my tools and put away a lot of stuff in my shop. It is a mess now. I didn't do too much in there to put away new stuff as I didn't have time. Now I can get some bench time to work on that philco 70 I have apart. I do have a few projects out there to do around the house.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

I am finally  finished Empty Re: I am finally finished

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:50 am

Congradulations on a job well done.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Bill. I forgot to add I had a interesting morning yesterday. I went down there to work and there was a woman in the driveway of the place. I came through the field behind the house and she got in her van and started to leave as I pulled behind her. she tool off fast but I ran along side of her in the yard and got a big part of her car tag. I checked around the place and I went into the house. There was a fresh odor of smoke in there and no one in the family smokes. I called the cops and reported it in case there were other burgularies in the area. I gave them a description of the van, most of the tag, and a description of the woman. After the cops left I looked around again and I think she had been going through the garbage I boxed up. There is nothing of any value there but I don't want people think they can just go through the place so close to my house. We also have a barn behind that area. I plan on fixing it so you can only go in the barn from the back. I hate thieves.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Moving is always a tough business. Glad to see you are through with it.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 am

We had hired a fellow to help move her flowers and trees she wanted to keep today. I helped with that. I consider it "officially" finished as if we don't get any more there it won't be a big loss,and what little is left I can work it in. I still have to get some rocks and stepping stones she wanted. I had planned to do that today but the flowers took too long. We also need to have the yard sale but that stuff is in boxes now. All the personal items we needed to get that I had to move is now gone. The days of working on it from morning to dark are over. I have no more stuff to move out of any building. I probably have about 2-3 hours for the rocks and a couple of hours to load the yard sale stuff on the trailer just before the yard sale. I am looking to do the sale hopefully in the middle of June.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Now you will lots more time to play radios! I actually saw my pile yesterday, walked thru the building to check for leaks and roof damage luckily the limbs that came down on it did damage it. Can't say the same for other ones. Take care!
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down