ebay does it again.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ebay does it again. - Page 2 Empty Re: ebay does it again.

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm not upset. Thank you. No, it didn't. I got another harrassment e mail from pp today, urging me to send them my tracking number today.
I had sent them an e mail a couple days ago saying I am not going to pay to ship it back. Apparently, they ignored me.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4390
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Thu May 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Bill, we have a 1600/100% ebay rating, and we have had a dozen bad experiences of item not received or broken, well crushed. We have not lost a penny, most of the people/sellers make it right. We have had a few that have been hospitalized and have been slow to respond, but they make good on the deal. Heck I bought some tools out of England and noticed the guy lived in a city that made a 1930's tool so i asked him if he had seen one, his rating was very good. He tracked down one of those tools for me and it was later in a book about tools. btw if anyone sees a cast iron Indian jr scout trans case???? One seller had a bad batch of tape, box arrived not case, that roll of tape cost him about a grand in sales cause it failed after he had shipped the boxes. He refunded my money but I'd rather had the case. People are generally god, just a few spoil the pot! So hang in there! tt Wink
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:I'm not upset. Thank you. No, it didn't. I got another harrassment e mail from pp today, urging me to send them my tracking number today.
I had sent them an e mail a couple days ago saying I am not going to pay to ship it back. Apparently, they ignored me.
Bill Cahill

Like I said, sometimes you've got to jump through [a lot] of hoops, but eventually you should get a satisfactory resolution to your problem.
Hint-call them. I've done that and it broke down a lot of barriers.
P.S. The seller should not only issue a refund but the cost of return shipping. At least that has been my experience and it happened the other day when I returned a printer. I got a full refund plus shipping expense.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by nixie_tube on Fri May 31, 2013 3:05 am

I'm new here, but I've had about 15 years' experience with eBay, and have been with PayPal from the start.

From what I can see, you'd be out about $25, or so (approximate cost of the item & original postage), if you did absolutely nothing.

If PayPal agreed to refund your original purchase price AND original postage, you'd be out about $14 for the cost of returning the item via Priority Mail (PM includes Tracking at no extra cost).

If PayPal would ONLY refund the purchase price upon receipt of the damaged item, but neither the original postage cost, nor the cost of returning the item, you'd be out about $28.

I have a suggestion:
Contact the seller, and offer to modify your negative feedback IF he/she would agree to accept responsibility for the result of their poor packing, and refund the purchase price of the item. You would be allowed to keep the item, having only paid for the original shipping.
Send the seller an invoice, and have the seller PayPal the money directly to your account.
If the item is of no use to you, list it on eBay in its diminished state, and hopefully recoup the original $14 postage you'd lost.

Forget about teaching eBay or PayPal a lesson - they could not POSSIBLY care any less about your little transaction, or if you were to cancel your account(s).

Deal with the seller - the possibility of morphing that damaging negative feedback could be a very strong motivator.

Be aware that eBay considers certain "you'd better do what I say" demands to be "feedback extortion"; so keep any request simple and above-board.
You both should want to work to a mutually agreeable conclusion, that while it might not be as good as what was originally hoped for, could certainly be an improvement on what you and the seller now have.

nixie_tube

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I can't do anything right now. I'm having a number of bad health issues right now, and, may also have the flu to top it off.
This has been a bad week.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4390
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm

With all respect to the post above I must continue to state that PayPal DOES work with any and all disputes, large or small. Like I've also said- I have never had a dispute, except the phony microphone, that wasn't eventually resolved to my complete satisfaction. In fact every transaction has a notice that says something like: "Covered by PayPal insurance". Okay, I'm not sure of the wording but something like that.
The only real problem you are having is that you don't want to return the item, which I understand. However if you did, and the seller still wouldn't refund then you start a dispute resolution case. I just had one but like I said the seller sent me a return UPS prepaid sticker and then the entire amount, plus my postage, was posted to my account. Problem solved.
BTW- I have been a member since 2002.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri May 31, 2013 4:44 pm

I think Bill will have to put off doing battle with them for a while 'til he gets better. I've been doing business with ebay since when I started my web tv service long ago.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks to this thread, I may rethink my stance concerning the 'Bay. I am probably being hard-headed to my detriment. I appreciate the comment about not attempting to punish e-bay with my absence. That's exactly right. They could care less.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:Thanks to this thread, I may rethink my stance concerning the 'Bay. I am probably being hard-headed to my detriment. I appreciate the comment about not attempting to punish e-bay with my absence. That's exactly right. They could care less.

Regards

WC

My feeling is:
Whether they would care doesn't matter- It's whether you would that does.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2