ebay does it again.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ebay does it again. Empty ebay does it again.

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun May 26, 2013 7:58 pm

ON the 14th of this month I purchased an RCA 45 ey2 player for my collection. I paid for it, and, good shipping.
Over a week later, I received the package. SMASHED.
It was very poorly packed in a flimsy box with newspaper.
The bakelite case is beyond repair, and, one tube is broken.
The box is likewise dammaged.

Tried contacting seller with no response.
Contacted them through Pay Pal resolution center, and, still no response.
I escalated the case.
I just received an e mail from pay pal that I can get a refund if:
I send it back first at my own expense, send it well packed, and, with tracking number.
They give you only two options to respond. Give tracking number, or, cancel request.
I sent an e mail to both Pay Pal, and, the seller disputing this.
I'm about ready to close both my e bay account, and, my pay pal account.
I'm disgusted.
What do you guys think??

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4412
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

ebay does it again. Empty Re: ebay does it again.

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Too many stories like this Bill. I'm not about to buy anything on Ebay! I'm for closing the account!

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono on Sun May 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Ebay is hit or miss with the way people ship stuff. I've seen things packed so well you would think a tank could roll over it and it would survive -and it was broken to pieces and I've seen things like records shipped in nothing but their album covers arrived intact.You just never know...
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Sun May 26, 2013 10:21 pm

A report with the BBB, in my experience, really puts a bug up their a**

For sure get the refund, even if it costs you shipping, because then they have to pay money back and receive a smashed item that they mispackaged. The give them a bad review regarding the shiiping method. If it doesn't cost them something, they won't improve next time. I have had good luck on ebay but I think my good luck has been just that.
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 pm

YOu know what ticks me off about this.
1. You paid for the item and the seller packed it wrong.
2. why should you have to pay return shipping, they punish you the buyer.
3. depending on what it cost you depends on if you wish to mess with returning it.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 am

Out of curiosity, what was the sellers' feedback rating out of how many sales?
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 am

100 Percent positive, and, they've been selling for some time.
Her profile shows nothing, but, good comments.
I refuse to send it back at MY expense!
I'm one step away from totally closing both accounts. Pay Pal, and, ebay..
As of this morninng, I've received no responses from either seller, or, pay pal. I'm fed up.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 27, 2013 10:05 am

It would cost me more to ship it back than it did for her to ship it. Pay Pal insists I pack it well, and, give them the tracking number. She didn't give me one. Why should I?
I ought to ship the damn thing back in a paper bag by media mail.......

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:34 am

They Probably want to see the item as close as possible to the condition that you received it. I'd give ebay the chance to do right by you and if they fail that, let 'er rip. You have gotten more than your share of trouble with damaged shipments. I've bought nearly 700 items on ebay and had one damaged item, a Zenith 7H820 with a pushed in back cover, 9 years ago. In that case the sender insured the item and I was reimbursed my payment and costs.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 am

That doesn't add up. I have to ship it back at my expense, obviously, a higher one, to get my money back? That's a no go for me.
Sorry, biut, I'd rather cut costs, and, close my accounts.
I will probably do that today.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Mon May 27, 2013 10:57 am

I have had pretty good luck with ebay, only had to ship back one busted item and worked a deal with another to keep the item at a much cheaper cost. If I buy on ebay I always ask the seller to remove the radio from the case and send pictures and double wrap before shipping. Ebay is like buying a used car "have you gotten exactly what you paid for". There are always going to be, shall we say , "less than honest" seller anywhere you purchase items. The statement that should be made here is "you have been treated unfairly". Now you can continue to protest the sell with ebay and Paypal or you can be a victim. The Bill I think I know is no one's victim. Fight it. Sorry, just my humble opinion.
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks, Ben, I intend to fight this to the hilt. If they don't work with me, I'll close accounts, and, honestly, tell them where they can go.
I'm fid up with these idiots who mess up, and, then, won't work with you, and, ebay backs them up so they can keep their blood money.
I'm just fed up.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ea327 on Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Bill, it looks like "Paypal does it again"
Your first mistake was going to Paypal and not Ebay. This same situatuion has happened to me more than once with Ebay. After contacting Ebay I was credited with the purchase price AND the shipping cost both ways.
I'm not sure what Paypal's problem is, but with Ebay I have no problems.
ea327
ea327

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Well, I'm not shipping it back, and, at the least, I will be shortly leaving the seller negative feedback.
I'm ready to close my accounts. In case you don't know it, ebay owns, and, sets up all the rules for Pay Pal. Now do you see issues with ebay?? I certainly do!!!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon May 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Wow! That is a bummer.
The thing is- I just had the exact same, okay similar, problem. There is a PayPal guarantee that backs every transaction. There was only one time when I had to take it all the way- no contact with seller, money taken out PayPal account, etc. I got my money but I had to jump through a lot of hoops to do it.

Anyway- The other day I bought a printer on eBay. I spent about an hour with Epson trying to get it cranking. Nothing. I contacted PayPal and the seller immediately sent another printer that was also dead. They wound up not only giving me a complete refund but the difference between it and the newer model.

Another time I bought a 128 gig flash card. Before the item even arrived PayPal sent me a refund. Obviously they already knew there was a problem.

The only bad experience I've ever had was not with eBay or PayPal but with the shipper.

I love and defend both eBay and PayPal. I've made a LOT of money and have 285 100% positive rating.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with anyone who has problems. I'm just sharing my experience, and my experience is that any problem I've had is always resolved to my satisfaction.

So like my kids taught me-
Keep knocking until somebody answers the door.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Terry, I'm sorry, but, I don't think you read me right. I tried contacting seller. I tried contacting pay pal. I escalated the case with pay pal. All That pay pal would do is tell me I have to ship the item back at my own expense. I would have to pack it well, and, include a tracking number, and, send pay pal the traciking number as proof that I shipped it.
In the end, after confirmation from the owner of safe arrival, they would refund my original price, but, no to ship it back the second time.
And, I'm supposed to say I like pay pal? I think Not.
Sorry, Terry. Not aimmed at you, or, anyone else here. I'm just fed up. I left very negative, though honest feedback on seller.
Now, should I close my accounts? I'm leanning in the direction of closing both accounts.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Don't close your accounts in the event that your negative feedback is taken down when you close them. Close Paypal maybe but not the basic Ebay account. There is an effect on the seller with a negative feedback.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 am

First of all Bill I hope you realize that none of my comments were meant to denigrate you or your problem. I also tried to leave a negative comment when I got the wrong item, in this case a used SM 58 sold as new.

I sent it to the seller for a refund and 6 weeks later it showed up back in my mailbox. The seller, (in China) apparently didn't exist. I tried to leave a negative rating but could only leave a neutral.

I gave the mic to some kid and ate the $70, (mic and overseas shipping).

One thing I have learned, and it is one of the most important lesson that I have-
What is-is.
Don't scream at the clerk because the gas price went up. It doesn't do any good.
If you buy a toaster and it doesn't work don't go the the exchange desk all fired up and get up in his face. You'll be told to fill out a form-yada yada.

Instead- Be nice, ask him if maybe you did something wrong? Could he please plug it in and check it out? I guarantee that he'll give you a new toaster.
Don't go closing accounts, being upset and eating that person's Karma. It ain't worth it.
Remember-

Some days you're the statue, and some days the pigeon.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue May 28, 2013 12:54 am

Thanks, Terry. Obviously, with this one, I'm the statue. I really got dumped on... I will be reluctant with ebay from now on, and, doubt I will ever buy anything plastic, or, bakelite again...
That pretty much covers most of my interests there.
Only thing left is cylinder phonographs, too expensive, cylinders, over-priced, and, tv's. Too heavy.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 28, 2013 1:03 am

What? You're giving up your Hawaiian hula doll collection? Geez! Smile
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Sorry for your problem, Bill. I have been looking for an RCA 45 rpm player to use with my radios. After your experience, that project has been put on the back burner.

I realize that I don't have a dog in the hunt here, but I avoid ebay like the plague. I used to like ebay, and used it often. My personal feeling is that ebay has gotten too big. Hard to monitor and keep under control. They make rules to try to maintain order, and that just makes it even more out of control. The free enterprise system has always favored the scammers and folks who won't play by the rules. Most of ebays rules favor folks who need to bend the rules to play the game. Not something I am willing to participate in. There are those who defend ebay, and I wish them continued good luck. I am just too suspicious and mistrusting of people to feel comfortable there. I like to deal one-on-one, face to face, with someone with whom I am spending money.

And good luck with the Hawaiian hula doll collection. I have a Don Ho record I could send you.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 pm

The reason I had suggested keeping the ebay account open for awhile is because of the circumstances of a negative feedback I had left. I had bought a digital camera that had been described as having a black housing, and I paid a bit more because that was the color I wanted. He sent a silver one. I e mailed him that it was not as described and that I wanted to return it for a black one or a refund. He stopped communicating at that time. I kept trying to contact him and got him on the phone and he said he would e mail me the return info. That was it. No further communication, wouldn't answer the phone, nothing. I left a negative feedback then. He closed his account the next day. The camera was good as it was, so I moved on. 6 months later, I got a pm from ebay. It was their dispute resolution center. The boob had decided to open another account and ebay wouldn't allow him to because of a negative feedback in his former account. I was asked to change my feedback to a positive if he was to open an account. I settled for a refund of 1/3 the cost of the camera. The feedback was obviously a neutral to anyone who would've read it. That is also why I always urge anyone to study the feedbacks and the ratings on sellers.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed May 29, 2013 4:20 am

I assume it was a joke. I'm not collecting Hawaiian dolls.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Your right, I was thinking of my dog. He also collects PEZ dispensers.
Sorry for the confusion.
Razz
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah, Bill, I was picking on you. It sounded like you needed a yuk, a grin. Sorry it was unsuccessful. Hope this situation works out okay for you.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum