New Shortwave Radio/ Grundig S350DL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Shortwave Radio/ Grundig S350DL

Post by bill alexander on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Very Happy Well just purchased a new Grundig S359DL...Got it at RS..I bought it to
replace a older R/S DX 392 that took a fall off my table...I have not really used the
Grundig very much as it does not have Direct Keypad entry
for shortwave..I like the features and controls..has better than normal Am and
FM reception..shortwave is good but now I have to dig for the frequencies..maybe
thats why they call it aGrundig Laughing Ido like the fact that it takes either D batteries
or double A, as I never seem to remember to buy D battries..I also like the dial light
as it will stay on as needed or goes on when you turn the dial tuner...well any thoughts ?
bill alexander

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New Shortwave Radio/ Grundig S350DL

Post by delcoman on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:47 am

I have heard both good and bad things about this set. I prefer the Kaito KA2100. However I have a drawer full of portables that I enjoy playing with. Smile

delcoman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FM Refugee on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 am

...I often wonder if Panasonic ever sued the people responsible for designing and building these radios, since they bear an uncomfortably close physical resemblance to the legendary RF-2200... Suspect
FM Refugee

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by radio451 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 am

I have a Grundig S350 and S350DL and love both. I am an analog person-although I do have about 5 of the newer Kaito and Degen shortwave radios, I hardly ever use them. The only problem with mine is images I believe they are about 900khz off. Both of do this. I believe it is because they are single conversion. The both drift, in fact, I have heard them referred to as S3drifties. But that is what makes them a fun radio. I have the best radio experience with them and 2 regens I built.

The AM and FM are really decent on these and the sound will fill the room. My DL has a sloppier dial though with a lot of backlash.

Fun radios.

radio451

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top