GE 5 tube AC-DC table radio Now with pictures!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GE 5 tube AC-DC table radio Now with pictures!

Post by willy3486 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 am

I ran across a similar issue like that Bill. Years ago I was restoring my wifes grandparents old battery radio. I think its a sears from the 30s. I made a supply for it but I never could get it going. I was able to finally trace it to a wire on the tuning coil if I recall correctly. It had a tuning coil like a car and not the usual tuning capacitor if I am not mistaken. It took me about a year working on it off and on. Those wires broken can be a royal pain. Congrats I expect your friend to be well pleased.

I just saw on page two you have been sick. You get to feeling better. Nothing like feeling bad to get you worn out. Hopefully you will be back to yourself in a few days.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks, but, no, this is worse. I have a major infection in my left leg, celulitis. My right leg has a low lwvel infection. I have alot of major water retention problems, and, fluid in my lungs, along woth high blood pressure.
I am now fully on medications to cure this problems. Nurse came once, and, refused to come again..
Dr. caused me trouble on the phone yesterday. Guess I may not have as good a dr. as I had thought.
I called my sister in NY, who is a registered nurse, begging her to come, and, help. The problem is neither one of us can afford the fare here, and, back.
She hasn't decided what to do yet, and, she will be calling me this morning. I will give her dr.'s office number to call Monday morning. She will call to find out what his plans are.
She will then consider if there is a way she can come. I hope so.
I really need her presnence, and, help, physically.
She couldn't stay that long, but, even if only a week, or, two, as long as there is improvement, any help she can give now is great. She is an RN, so, she is very knowledgable.
Please pray that she can come.........
I'm in big trouble here.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:33 am

I would be looking for a new DR. I would think a nurse could not refuse to help someone like that. Isn't there laws and also their oath they take as being health care professionals that say they help anyone? Anyway try to get better. Hopefully something will happen to get you better, maybe your sister or a new Dr.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:31 am

Prayers on their way.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 am

Sorry just saw the posts, Hang tough Bill, prays are with you!
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top