You are not cool!!

Go down

You are not cool!! Empty You are not cool!!

Post by scottb on Wed May 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Why is it kids on high powered motorcycles feel the need to show off when they see somebody looking at them. Twice now I have seen the aftermath in front of my house. My first responder certification is expired and after what I have seen, from now on I will go into the house and call 911, Pulling the front tire off the road at over 100mph gets you dead, I have seen it and it is a mess!! Sorry for the rant, but it is spring, first time out on bikes, and from now on I will not help. Yes I am no longer certified, but does not matter. I just cannot handle mangled, busted up dead bodies anymore. If it is an accident I will deal with it, stupid moves, your done!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

You are not cool!! Empty Re: You are not cool!!

Post by 75X11 on Thu May 16, 2013 12:19 am

The only "shows" I see these days are the riders at 200 mph in the inside lane.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Thu May 16, 2013 6:53 pm

I live on a busy stretch of straight highway. I'm not kidding, there's at least 20 wheelies in front of my house every day. Many go past at well over 100 MPH.

We just inherited a Harley and I'm going to buy a new one so my wife and I can ride together. But riding like that is just crazy and stupid.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

We have a neighborhood nut who drives his cycle, truck, and, car at 70-90 mph down our neighborhood street any time of day, or,, night, and, the cops don't do anything about it. Heh. Support your neighborhood police. Yeh. Sure....................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Thu May 16, 2013 8:35 pm

People around here tend to want to speed on there crotch rocket bikes on straight open roads. You can here them from a few blocks away sometimes. I havent seen wheelies in awhile but some still do it. A few years ago 2 guys used to go speeding down my street, a side street that didnt have any stops for almost 3 blocks. Well after about a year or so of speeding down that street one guy lost control and went into a brick house. Literally broke a wall of the house. Never would of known it until i seen it on the news. It wasnt even but a few blocks away from me. Needless to say that was the last time he ever rode that bike or any bike for that matter. That was close to 10 years ago, now there is a stop sign about 1 and a half blocks from the start of that street. Which not only prevents stuff like that but anyone speeding through there, bc its a 4 way stop..
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu May 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Our neighborhood nut drives his boat in a manner that startles the geese who live on the penninsula out into the lake. The water around the penninsula is only about 2 feet deep, so normal boaters avoid the shallow water. Not this guy. He goes in the shallow water purposely to scare the geese. Legend has it that somebody, last winter when the water was low, drove some posts in the bottom of the lake and stretched a log chain across that narrow channel. As we speak, this guy's boat is sitting on the bottom of the channel, only the windshield is visible, with the transom ripped out and his outboard motor nowhere to be seen. I would hazard a guess that his motor will be found this fall when the water goes down.

Back in my working days, my commute to work was 40 miles one way. I would frequently come across this same dump truck on the road. A big Peterbuilt with a huge chrome bumper and the most aggressive driver I have ever seen. He would tailgate my Pontiac on the two lane portion of the road so closely that all I saw in my mirror was his license plate and fog lights. I got aggravated at that. He was especially close to my bumper on a certain day. I saw a "deer." I'm just sure that's what it was (LOL). I slammed on my brakes. I have no idea how he missed me, but he locked up his air brakes, with huge clouds of smoke coming off his tires. He took the ditch on the right side of the road and went down a 10 foot embankment. His truck sat in that ditch for about two weeks, until it was dry enough to get a bulldozer and drag it out. I never saw that truck on the road again. The black marks he left are still on the road, nearly four years later.

Bill, I heard about a man in Phoenix who was having a similiar problem with a young kid in his lowrider. The man went to a thrift store and bought an old wheelchair and a store manequin (dummy). He put the dummy into the wheel chair and waited for the kid to go by like a bat out of h**l. He pushed the wheelchair into the street. The cops came to the "accident" scene and to dig the "victim" out from under the kid's car. That kid drove a lot slower down the street after that!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down