The Kardashians

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Kardashians Empty The Kardashians

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 am

Is anybody else getting sick of hearing about the Kardashians besides me? It is enough to make me hurl my groceries.

Who cares?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

The Kardashians Empty Re: The Kardashians

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 am

I hate reality tv. Lousy carp.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4390
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 am

I hate reality tv and especially the Kardashians, I'm there with ya WC!
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 am

And let us not forget Honey Boo Boo...talk about a reason for birth control! lol
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri May 10, 2013 7:59 am

Most of these "reality" shows are all stage anyway. I have a niece who was paid to fly to New York to appear on Stringer and tell a made up story. Gotta' love America.
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 10, 2013 8:03 am

I watch the news, history channel, or TCM, after that most everything else is crap!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 am

That's funny MezLaw.....I do the same and most of the news now days is about the same as reality tv. I'm about at the point it is time to stop watching the news.
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 am

Ben Delk wrote:That's funny MezLaw.....I do the same and most of the news now days is about the same as reality tv. I'm about at the point it is time to stop watching the news.

Yes I agree about todays news being like a reality show. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri May 10, 2013 10:20 am

My wife loves to make fun of Honey Boo Boo. And her mother. What a maroon.

The problem with the Kardashians, if you just watch the news and not reality tv, they are still on. I can't seem to escape these people. Some of us are old enough to remember the Gabor sisters. Zsa Zsa would get all liquored up and crash her Jag into a parking meter, get out, and smack a cop, get arrested, then we would hear for weeks about her tales of woe with the legal system. The lady was just taking up space and breathing our air. She made no positive contribution whatsoever.

I never watch reality tv. The news is about as bad as reality tv. Whatever happened to Huntley and Brinkley and Edward R. Murrow?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:My wife loves to make fun of Honey Boo Boo. And her mother. What a maroon.
I never watch reality tv. The news is about as bad as reality tv. Whatever happened to Huntley and Brinkley and Edward R. Murrow?

Regards

WC

As far as the Honey Boo Boo show goes until I saw her mother I always thought Jabba the Hut from Star wars was male. Seriously I hate the reality shows except for turtleman and the duck guys. Those are clean and good morals on the show. I use to like American Restoration but I don't watch it much since they got more into drama and less of repairing items. As far as news goes I think most are geared for ratings and less for truth.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Sat May 11, 2013 2:41 am

I used to watch the Kardashians for about a year. After that i had to quit watching it was getting to out there for me.. I dont watch any "reality" shows unless you count shows like Billy the Exterminator,Counting Cars, Pawn Stars and Storage Wars as reality.. Other then them i watch Alaska State Troopers, How its made, Modern Marvels, Drugs INC and Lock Up sometimes. Along with similar shows.. I dont watch anything on broadcast stations except the local news, The Simpsons and Family Guy. That is until NFL football starts again..
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat May 11, 2013 8:38 am

My only vice in tv watching is "Parking Wars."

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 am

You want reality? Move to Florida. We have reality wars here every day.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat May 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Who are the Kardashians? Weren't they the enemy in Star Trek?

I don't watch a lot of TV. I only like 4 shows- Criminal minds, CSI, Person of interest and Elementary. I don't know why I even watch Elementary. The premise is unreal, (haven't any of these people ever heard of Basil Rathbone?), and the person playing Sherlock Holmes is totally in appropriate for the part. I used to really enjoy the Mentalist until they moved it to Sunday night at 10 PM. I don't turn on TV for one show.
My favorite show used to be NCIS- I really loved that show. But they got a new producer and suddenly the actors became caricatures of their characters. The lab girl who was cute being a little goth is now the ultimate personification of GOTH. The cute guy that had his eye on the ladies is now THE ladies man-and Mark Hamond is so two dimensional that he might as well phone in his part. It kinda reminds me of another show- MASH was original, made good points about war and stayed close to the concept of the movie. That is until it became "The Alan Alda Show".
Anyway-
Remember when the news used to be a half hour and consisted of John Cameron Swyaze smoking a cigarette.

Now we have local news from 4PM til 7PM. Of course a major portion is just a rehash of the national news. And investigative reporters make me sick. A local station made such a stink about narcotic "Pill Mills" that the Attorney General, (an elected official), passed a law so strict that now a lot of doctors won't prescribe needed medication to their patients because of the paperwork involved. Just last week I was referred to a pain management clinic because the medication I'm on no longer works. He said that if this had been 8 months ago he would have taken over my pain management and prescribed 'X' for my pain. Now, by law, all he can do are steroid injections. All of this is because the government caved into media pressure from ONE investigative reporter who over weeks and weeks whipped up public opinion about a problem that applies to only ONE percent of the state population.
Whew-
Sorry, glad I got that off my chest. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just following up on the comments about TV programing. Always remember that the only reason that the media has so much power because they MUST ALWAYS create a constant of fear.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Actually, that was the Klingons.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Maybe the Kardashians are really Klingons in disguise. confused
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat May 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I would pay the cable company $40.00 a month to send me TCM and nothing else. Nearly everything else on cable could suck the bottom out of a nickel coke bottle.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 pm

I also occasionally watch the Discovery Fit & Health channel. That is when they play shows related to the title of the channel. My favorite thing to watch on there is Trauma: Life in the ER. Its actual footage from different ER's of Hospitals around the US. Most are from the mid 90's early 00's. Although ive seen probably every episode, its still interesting. Paramedics is also a good show. Its similar to Trauma: Life in the ER, except it follows paramedic crews. I believe its the same producers for both shows.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Sat May 11, 2013 11:10 pm

I am dead serious when I say "Who the heck are the Kardashian's"? I have never tuned in to a reality show of any kind. The closest I get to this would be the Woodright's Shop and Norm Abrams.

I once asked my kids who Paris Hilton was. I still don't know. They didn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

TonyM
DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun May 12, 2013 12:21 am

75X11 wrote:I would pay the cable company $40.00 a month to send me TCM and nothing else. Nearly everything else on cable could suck the bottom out of a nickel coke bottle.

At my old apartment I had everything, HD, surround, 135 channels, DVR- in other words the works. I was paying about $225. Of course I didn't pay utilities.
Now that I'm in my own home and paying utilities I cut back to basic service-22 channels, 10meg internet and I pay 10 cents a minute for long distance. I now pay $85. The only thing I really missed was TCM. However I was just flipping through the channels one day, counting down from 999 because I had nothing else to do and discovered that I DID have TCM- blew my mind. Now I have to get a TIVO because all the good stuff is on at 3AM. Made my day though.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 am

I get basic cable and nothing else for $10 less than you are paying. It just doesn't seem to be a bargain for PBS and MeTV and TCM.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun May 12, 2013 1:02 pm

I was getting it for $10 less before Time Warner took over. I don't know who your provider is but I get it on 608. I had hoped to still get MeTV but you can't have everything.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

When I was a kid we had 3 nashville stations, abc,nbc and cbs. I could also get the PBS station and a NBC station out of Chattanooga. Sometimes I could also get others from Chattanooga and also Knoxville but not often. I had all the stuff I could ever want to see. Andy griffith, Gilligans Island,etc. Now We have cable with hundreds of stations and less I want to see than I had as a kid. Most of the time my wife watches some of the reality stuff and I hit youtube or other sites for the old shows. I just watched a late 50s early 60s sci fi movie on youtube the other night. Bring back the old shows as far as I am concerned.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun May 12, 2013 11:55 pm

There is a channel, at least here, called MeTV. It shows Andy Griffith, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligan's Island, old Hopalong Cassidy movies and all of those other shows you are talking about. I had hoped that since I had TCM I would also have it.
Nope!
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 am

I get it on cable and it is on air here also. If you are near a large urban area you may get it on broadcast. In our market we also get Antenna TV both ways.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum